Linux Linux friendly quite suggestions for group 7 build.
Upgraded to Eden over the weekend and am finding my Ion 330 a bit underpowered for some of the cool skin features.

So i'm looking to upgrade my hardware to something a bit more powerful, and to futureproof a bit i'll shoot higher rather then lower.

In Summary, looking for advice on specifically:
  1. Mobo (preffer smaller type cases, not the longer AV equipment looking size)
  2. Processor 65w i3 build?
  3. GPU something nvidia that can bitsream over HDMI
Noise is a big factor for me, fanless would be best, or very very quite.

I like the eskro builds especially the A6 builds, and would likely pull the trigger the A6-pack (http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=128009), if there weren't so many cautonary tales of people having issues under linux.

I also like the new Zbox ID82 machines, and if I can't find an alternative willprobably end up here after waiting for the barebones version to go on sale in order to drop in my own ssd.

I'm also very interested in taking advantage of the Audio Engine builds in order to get some HD audio formats, which I'd like to pass right on to my reciever so bitstreaming over HDMI is a + for me. From what I understand currently this works best under NVIDIA graphics, which is what i've heard from the linux group in general, so probably best to set my targest here.

Other Things to consider.
I'll hook my HTPC up to my reciever via hdmi
I have a NAS so fast network to my server is important
I'll use an SSD likely for noise and performance
I never got my ion 330 (one of the original zotac ion boards) working all that great with a remote, i'd like to resolve this with this build and get rid of the keyboard laying around. Specifically it would be nice to be able to wake up the pc with the remote.
Ram 4-8 GB depending on cost.
Right now i'm running xbmcbuntu (Eden on 11.10) with the Aeon skin, which I think i'd like to keep.

Edit for links.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Linux friendly quite suggestions for group 7 build.0