How to set some text to an edit control?
Rainbow 
How can we set some text to an edit control which will be visible by default until user erases that and types something else?

Edit Control still needs to be improved, I think. My last question is still unanswered after more than 80 views.

Thank You for Help in advance.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Edit_Control
Do not PM or e-mail Team-Kodi members directly asking for support.
Always read the Forum rules, Kodi online-manual, FAQ, Help and Search the forum before posting.
Hi ronie thanks for reply but I am talking about search string not hinttext.
That page does not answer my question.

Can the hint text be an info label? If so, you could use <hinttext>$INFO[Control.GetLabel(ID)]</hinttext>.
Hi Hitcher thanks for reply but I want to set search string/text(the text that user enters there) for the edit control, not the hinttext.
hinttext is simply displayed for user help. after that user types something in the search box. I want to set that search string by default to something for example the string "karuna".

Not possible.
through scripting or something else?

see when you open on-screen keyboard dialog window and type search string and press Done, the matching item are displayed on screen , now again if you open on-screen keyboard dialog window then previous search string is available there that should not be there , I want empty search box each time.
Nope... only with a complete custom window you could do it.

To clearing the search string... you can quickly erase the string and type something new but if you would like to add or change something in your search, it's much more time consuming if you would have to reenter it every time (assuming you're using a remote).
ok how can we know if an edit control is empty at any moment?
You can't.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to set some text to an edit control?0