'Accurate' Movie count in library view?
Video 
Not sure if this is skin-specific so....

As a twist on a question I have asked before, is it possible to overwrite the movie count information shown at the top of my movie library shown on top left of image below...
...with the count that is made if I view my movie library in file view?
I know that the count indicates the total number of items that are contained in the view that you are currently looking that, but surely it could be possible to 'import' the count from one view to the other?

Any skilled coders out there fancy a go or could point me in the right direction? Or is it impossible?
This is skin specific. If you can tell me what skin this is, I'll move it to the proper thread.
In general the movie sets only count as one movie, try to disable them in settings and then compare.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
Would it not be related to the number the skin is using for the display? I've not looked at the skin files, but could it be that one could show the total library count instead of the total view count?
(2012-05-08, 18:27)kricker Wrote: Would it not be related to the number the skin is using for the display? I've not looked at the skin files, but could it be that one could show the total library count instead of the total view count?

Possible but why would you want that?

That would also mean that if you had a smartplaylists it would also show the total amount of movies instead of only the ones in that smartplaylist.

Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-08, 18:52)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-05-08, 18:27)kricker Wrote: Would it not be related to the number the skin is using for the display? I've not looked at the skin files, but could it be that one could show the total library count instead of the total view count?

Possible but why would you want that?

That would also mean that if you had a smartplaylists it would also show the total amount of movies instead of only the ones in that smartplaylist.
That makes sense. I guess the issue here really is as sho mentioned, it treats sets as 1 item.

It show the number of items in the list. Not the underlaying 'menus' (which are in this case movie sets).

So the question rises would you want the current visible items or all of them? Think this would require some code change or a new skin ListItem
I have no clue how the code works, but I would think a new skin ListItem. Then the skin could show both numbers. The number in your list and the total number of items in the library. Maybe that can be done already. I have no clue.
Total number in library is possible but not usefull in smartplaylist

Feature request trac ticket would be an option for it
Agreed.
PHP Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Movies.Count)] 
(2012-05-08, 20:34)Hitcher Wrote:
PHP Code:
$INFO[Window(Home).Property(Movies.Count)] 

Does that work in smartplaylist that include moviesets?
It's just the total number of movies in your library.
(2012-05-08, 20:43)Hitcher Wrote: It's just the total number of movies in your library.

Well that's what i thought so not what was needed Wink
But the thread title says otherwise -

'Accurate' Movie count in library view?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
'Accurate' Movie count in library view?0