Import of movies dosent quite work
Hi all

I am using windows 7 and have no prior knowledge of media players, having just used VLC media player with a simple double click on media files.

I have imported my video library and when I go to movies it shows them all with posters etc. but when I click on the movie I get " this file is nop longer available would you like to remove it from the library"

I have recently copied all the files onto a new larger hard drive which I am now using and this caused the abiove error message. I did however use the export video library which created a file with actors movies etc. folders inside.

I have implemented this process.

From the system > settings > video > library > clean library.

Went to home menu Videos > files > clicked the folder with the movies (exact same movies) > settings > import video library.

Now when I go to the home menu Videos > Movies (newly created menu item after the import) > I get the error message above " this file is no longer available would you like to remove it from the library" when I click a movie from within the movies link.

Anyone know what Im doing wrong? or have the steps for exporting and then importing again from differnt drives etc. I have googled about but no joy so far. In was hoping it would just be export & import but it seems its not that simple.

Thanks for reading.

I'm am not an expert by any means, but the way im reading it is that your importing movie information but not adding the source.

Have you followed the steps in this wiki?

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...ia_sources
Yes I have added the source 1st, sorry never realised I omited that. Thanks
Once you add your source, you must Scan to library. This is done in the Video menu section, not the setting menu. Highlight the new source folder in the video menu, hit the context button C, then scan to library.

I have no problem adding the source & then scanning the library using the scrapers etc. The only issue I have is importing the scrapers downloaded data from a saved file that I exported the ijnfo to earlier. Guess its no big deal they only took a few hours or there abouts to load from the net.
If you import from previously exported XML (it is a folder structure that exports - feel free to take a look through it) then it will reimport everything with the exception that it won't setup your sources. You'll need to set those up as well if you want to be able to browse via "Files" - all the scraper settings should already be in place, however.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

You do realize that after you export the library database and move your files, you have to open the xml file created and use search-and-replace to change the paths to the new location?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
No I didnt realise the above guys thanks Ill look into it.
(2012-05-09, 03:54)DDDamian Wrote: You do realize that after you export the library database and move your files, you have to open the xml file created and use search-and-replace to change the paths to the new location?

This is what I did when I changed all my paths from SMB to AFP. Worked like a charm. It's makes it easy when working with a 20MB XML file Big Grin
"PPC is too slow, your CPU has no balls to handle HD content." ~ Davilla
"Maybe it's a toaster. Who knows, but it has nothing to do with us." ~ Ned Scott

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Import of movies dosent quite work0