• 4(current)
Welo release...
(2012-05-27, 07:24)ghostshadow Wrote: This is absolutely my new favorite skin. Thank you very much for such a great release!

Cool! Wink Big Grin
Fantastic job!! I'm using this skin now pretty much exclusivley for a while.

Firstly fantastic job again. Really innovative, really different, and really good looking.

1) Lack of customizability: I have cartoons/anime, and I have a separate documentaries folder, i'd love for customizability to make these home menu options
2) different colour schemes please Big Grin god + white would look amazing every once in a while...
3) full screen trailers please or an awesome animation to expand the box. that little box is too small IMO.
4) option for a bigger font/view on the home menu or atleast when scrolling / navigating lists. not everyone has a 50'' screen
5) shortcut on movies to see trailers without pressing information -> movies
6) poster view for movies - make it bigger! the way you'e done it makes them look beautiful but i can't help but feel some space has been wasted at the top.

other than that.. FANTASTIC JOB! I love the simplicity yet compexity tbh. your use of the home screen is easily the best i've seen in all honesty.

i think your video OSD is my favorite. everything very minimalistic. choice of white glow and along the bottom was very smart controls are definitley big enough,... font of the movie could be bolded or something but thats being incredibly picky.

thank you so much!
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
Just pushed a small update... nothing spectacular!

Bug - Fix overlapping song title when music overlay is visible.
Bug - Code clean-up to sort some invalid include errors in XBMC log.
Bug - Fix overlaping text on DialogVideoInfo.xml.

Change - Create extra skin language strings to improve translations.
Just installed this skin and it is awesome. Like the sleek view.

But I must +1 on this

(2012-05-28, 11:59)aoaaron Wrote: 1) Lack of customizability: I have cartoons/anime, and I have a separate documentaries folder, i'd love for customizability to make these home menu options

I have a few menu points that I would like to add to the main menu as well

I havn't looked at the XML file. Is it possible to MOD it that way?

(2012-05-28, 11:59)aoaaron Wrote: 1) Lack of customizability: I have cartoons/anime, and I have a separate documentaries folder, i'd love for customizability to make these home menu options

(2012-05-30, 09:32)daninino Wrote: But I must +1 on this

Hey guys,

This one is on the to-do list. Didn't want to delay the initial release anymore so it got bumped!

Sit tight and it will see the light of day sooner rather than later hopefully!

CheersWink
(2012-05-28, 11:59)aoaaron Wrote: 2) different colour schemes please Big Grin god + white would look amazing every once in a while...
3) full screen trailers please or an awesome animation to expand the box. that little box is too small IMO.
4) option for a bigger font/view on the home menu or atleast when scrolling / navigating lists. not everyone has a 50'' screen
5) shortcut on movies to see trailers without pressing information -> movies
6) poster view for movies - make it bigger! the way you'e done it makes them look beautiful but i can't help but feel some space has been wasted at the top.

Hey aoaaron,

2) Agreed! The 2 current themes need more work (like the whole skin actually!). Plus a 'greenjeans' theme was being worked on by tuckbodi. Hopefully i'll sort some more, plus some user mods will arrive once i get round to releasing the textures!

3) Trailer support is on the to-do list to improve. Wink

4) Font size is an area that i need to look at, as your not the first to request larger fonts. Problem is it's very tricky with the Welo design, as when the font goes too big, the design aspect goes out the window, so it's delicate balance! On the to-do list already (bloody list is huge!! Big Grin)

5) I'll see what i can come up with. Wink

6) I'm gonna sort a larger poster view. Whether that means the current sizing will be released, or the larger version will be in addition, i don't know yet.

Cheers for the feedback. Wink
(2012-05-28, 11:59)aoaaron Wrote: 3) full screen trailers please or an awesome animation to expand the box. that little box is too small IMO.

When you launch trailers, what's actually happening for you? I'm getting full screen on my tests. Are you running Eden or a nightly build?

Cheers
Small update (1.0.3) about to be released... just some improvements to help translations.

Cheers
Pushing an update (1.0.4)... French and German skin translations added.

Thanks to Anquetos and blubberx for the translations. Wink
liquidskin76

Whens the the nest version going to be released , cant wait

best skin ever

regards chris
Not sure! I've been seriously busy with life and work so haven't had chance to do much.

Next update will hopefully be a big one (some viewtypes, custom main menu items, etc), plus bug fixes, so it might be a little longer than normal.

Cheers
please provide screenshots in screenshots thread , particularly the new changes
CPU:- AMD FX 4100 Motherboard: Gigabyte 78LMT-S2 RAM:-4GB Graphics: AMD HD 7750 1GB DDR5 PSU: IBALL 500W Display: DELL S2240M Storage: 1TB
(2012-06-08, 14:20)bandelguy Wrote: please provide screenshots in screenshots thread , particularly the new changes

Will do eventually! Still changing things and adding stuff so no point yet as i'll be forever updating the images!
Would the users of this skin say it was one of the more CPU intensive skins or one of the less CPU intensive skins? I ask because I have been fretting about what hardware to purchase to replace all my xboxes. It seems the builds/AIO solutions that can handle the CPU intensive skins are $300+ while the likes of the ATV2 and the rumoured Google TV derived xbmc box are a much more wallet friendly $100 but are not powerful enough to smoothly handle the more CPU intensive skins. I heard Aeon Nox mentioned as a CPU intensive skin and had a looksee. Didn't like it at all and how cluttered it looked. If Cluttered = CPU heavy then my decision is made. Big Grin I don't need the more powerful $300+ boxes Big Grin I much prefer the look of the likes of Welo and if that means I don't need a $300 box to run it on then thats just the icing in the cake Big Grin
xbmc works different on many low end and high end hardware for me i have atom ion 330 board( i think ) itx i build it long ago its not my main media centre but the skin work perfect with it i do have a deticated graphics card in it , nvidia 340 and 2 gig of ram so yes it work well on low end hardware but only 720 content.

my main media center is a 6 core amd bulldozer, nividia 460 and 4 gig of ram , this is used alot more it does 1080p without strugling and also runs as a nas in the background

stay away from amd gpus if running linux to many bad experiences

regards chris

• 4(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Welo release...4