Subtitles appear clipped top and bottom
When I display subtitles they appear clipped top and bottom (screenshot).

Any ideas?

I have tried adjusting font size (problem persists), adjusting overscan both in xbmc (Settings > System > Video Output > Video Calibration) and in nvidia-settings.

I am running eden on ubuntu with a Nvidia GeForce 7600 GS.

Any help (or better search strings to use) would be much appreciated.

Looks like some sort of Mask.. adjusting the size of the fonts just makes the text smaller or larger with the same problem? I presume you have tried other skins? (it's possible that the skin is not fully Eden compatible) and you have used the OSD video calibration tool and moved the text around a bit?
update: problem doesn't occur with subtitles embedded in .mkv video files or in idx/sub external subtitles...only in .srt subtitles
@PatK yes I have changed the skin back to Confluence (previously on Back Row)

Changing the font size results in the same masking.

The OSD video calibration tool is the one at Settings > System > Video Output > Video Calibration?
No the OSD calibration tool is off the video infile (while playing, the video settings tool) but I suspect will give you little joy... Looking closer at the image it appears line spacing might be the culprit, not sure where that is though. Considering it's not a skin issue, it should be fairly easy to re-install over top, but I'm unsure if this would cure what ails, you might try running XBMC -p in place to further narrow this down.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Subtitles appear clipped top and bottom 0