Win Underscan on Video but not Windows
I set my up a HTPC for a friend of mine and i am having problem with underscan. The rig is a i5 with a 4gb of ram and a ATI 6450 graphics card connected to a 50inch LG plasma. When i first set everything i got the usual overscan which i corrected by changing the aspect ratio of the tv to Just Scan ( 1:1 pixel mapping) and then everything looked fine and everything fit except when i play video content i am gettting black on the left and right hand side in adition to your usual top and bottem. Xbmc is in the correct aspect i cannot see why it is not displaying movies correctly. All drivers are upto date and i am using 11.0 eden. Any help would be great.
I had this last night when I was playing about with the video setting it's either Sync playback to display or Adjust display refresh rate to match video is enabled. I'm still learning about various setting but have a look and see if either of these are enabled.
I am not as my friends now but i am pretty sure sync playback to display is enabled come to think of it. That is most probably the culprit. Thanks very much for your reply i will take a look and report back when i can.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=125607
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
So the walk away message is try and disable AMD Steady video option and if that does not work try some of the other thing mentioned in the post.
message is that there's others with that issue on their rigs and pointing you to them to see what they've done
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Much Appreciated Smile. I will figure mine out and report back.
I fixed the problem i turned of adjust display refresh rate to match video and it fixed the problem.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Underscan on Video but not Windows 0