stacking 'anomaly'
I have a number of multi-part videos in my movie library and they are all neatly stacked (great feature). If I enter the library and select a thumbnail a box appears telling me the movie is stacked and which part would I like to watch. I can then choose one of the squares corresponding to an episode number.

This happens in every instance except one. Rather than being offered a choice of parts, the whole sequence begins. I can right click on the thumbnail and choose the part but this doesn't happen automatically. The only difference vs the other videos is these are in mkv format vs iso for all the others. The folder structure is the same for all stacked videos:

Moviename, Disc1.tbn
Moviename, Disc1-fanart.jpg
Moviename, Disc1
-- Moviename, Disc1.iso
-- Moviename, Disc1.nfo
Moviename, Disc2
-- Moviename, Disc2.iso
Moviename, Disc3
-- Moviename, Disc3.iso

I wanted to check whether I'm missing some really basic setting to modify this so that I will be automatically offered a choice of parts. It seems strange that there is this one exception. I couldn't see anything on the wiki covering this (and on some of the 20 pages of posts covering stacking).

I do have a log file but I thought it best to see if there was an 'obvious' answer to this before diving into the detail. Thanks in advance.
This is what is supposed to happen.

It only doesn't happen for ISOs as they're self-contained so it doesn't make sense to try and run them together.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Got it. Thanks so much for the clarification.

If I wanted to emulate the same behavior with mkv files as happens with isos, is there some way I could 'trick' the system into doing this?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
stacking 'anomaly'0