Win [SOLVED] Unable to export music library - [SOLVED]
I've seen a couple threads regarding this issue already, but with no solutions. One suggested running xbmc as administrator (which I already do), and another just referred to that same thread.

As others have stated: When trying to export music library, either as one file or separate, the export dialog will appear for a brief couple seconds and then disappear , with no export having been performed. I can update the music library just fine and I have no issues exporting the video library.

I'm using Eden final w/ the HD audio patch on Vista x64. I've also got a debug log of the failed export:
http://pastebin.com/cUtScBBZ

Thanks, and I hope there is a solution out there!
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Bump

I want to export my library! Smile
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Well i solved it!

I checked in the userdata/databases folder and noticed there were two MyMusic.db entries... one was MyMusic18, and another MyMusic20 (i believe).

So I deleted both databases and then rescanned my music folder into the library.
Afterwards I was able to export both as single file, and separate files.
So most likely it was a corrupt library.
So when xbmc couldn't read from the corrupt music library, it created another one?

And then, the export function was tied to the corrupt library, or can't deal with two library entries?
I have the same problem not being able to export my music library. I checked and I still only the MyMusic18 file. Nothing else. I do have two video databases (MyVideos58 and MyVideos60). I least I'm glad it worked for you.
XBMC creates a new library when you upgrade to a new version. You should be able to tell which one you are using by the modified date. I don't know what caused the library to get corrupted, but not being able to export is definately a symptom. This is true for video and audio databases.
Hi, I tried all of the tips above as well as searching the forum/net, but none of the suggestions are working for me. If I change a couple of album thumbnails etc. in the library then these are the only things that are written out when I do an export of the entire library to a single file (or to multiple files). I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong!

As well as all of the things above I've uninstalled xbmc frodo completely and reinstalled it, still with no luck. I had a NAS setup with MySQL etc. but in an attempt to resolve this I'm now on a very basic setup with everything all on the same PC. Any help would be much appreciated.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[SOLVED] Unable to export music library - [SOLVED]0