another problem with aspect ratio
I'm trying to set up an acer revo 3600 as Home theatre pc with XBMC. It uses an Nvidia ion. I've loaded mint 12, sorted nvidia graphic video drivers so video playback ok. But I have an ongoing problem with incorrect aspect ratio, so the desktop is stretched and viewing films in XBMC shows films as squashed. There are only options for 16:9 and 4:3 on the TV. The 4:3 ratio corrects things but leaves two wasted bands on either side. So, I'm just after full screen correct aspect ratio.

The TV is a a samsung (ps42c450 with a native resolution of 1024x768.
Nvidia x server settings don't seem to provide a solution.

I know this is more of a linux mint issue, but was hoping that as I'm trying to get the pc up and running as a home theatre with XBMC, someone here could help. Only met by silence when I asked on the linux mint forum :-(

Also can anyone recommend a cheap remote control for my setup to do away with use of a wireless keyboard and mouse? I'm based in the UK.

thanks
Settings->System->Video. Calibrate the center square so it's square. It's due to the pixel aspect of your TV being non-square.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

thanks jonathan.

Going to give it a go now.

Chris

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
another problem with aspect ratio0