XBOX 360 with XBMC has media center

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
lonesurfer Offline
Hi there

I'm considering the purchase of a xbox to use it has a media center to watch my normal and full hd movies.

Is the purchase of a XBOX 360 with the XBMC install better than a Popcorn Hour media center?

Will I be abble to read the same files on the XBOX360 has the ones with Popcorn Hour?

thanks
Lonesurfer
find quote
joebrady Offline
Team-Kodi Member
please do your research first

http://www.xbmc4xbox.org
find quote
lonesurfer Offline
hi there

thanks for the website but the link you gave me only shows and describes the XBMC on the XBOX.

About conclusions I took on the research, help me out.

1 - I saw a thread mentioning that we can install xbmc on popcorn. Is this correct?
2 - If the above is correct, we're just installing a new firmware, right?
3 - If were installing a new firmware, the only thing that I need to check is if the hardware on the XBOX360 is better than one on Popcorn hour, right?

What I want is to buy a new media center to my home and since popcorn hour is a great media center (I think), but a little expensive, I was adviced to buy a xbox and instal xbmc.

That's why I asked if the a xbox360 with xbmc has the same or better performance and specs to view movies of all kinds has a popcorn hour.

thanks againd.
find quote
defluo Offline
Read this link. Short answer, there is no XBMC for the XBOX 360 and there never will be
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=40236

TV LG 50PJ350 50 inch HDTV
Receiver Sony STRDH520 7.1
HTPC 1 Custom built 8GB 64GB SSD 250GB SATA Win 7 x64, VRC 1100 remote, AMBX lighting HTPC 2 TV LG 32LK330U 32 inch HDTV HTPC eMachines ER1401 2GB RAM 250GB HDD Win 7 x64
Server Custom built 6GB RAM, 7.5TB total storage, Sickbeard, SABnzbd+, CouchPotato
XBMC Frodo, Aeon Nox 4
find quote
HenryFord Offline
Posting Freak
Also: There is no XBMC for the "Popcorn Hour".

I would recommend using an Acer Revo.

Need help? Check out my XBMC Frodo Guide. It contains full featured guides to Sickbeard and CouchPotato as well.

[Image: all-fanart.jpg]
find quote
phirestalker Offline
this kind of stuff always makes me nautious. They say in the link that the LINUX version of xbmc will not work on PS3/wii/xbox 360. That is a moot point since the damn xbox 360 doesn't have linux. I MAY be mistaken but the damn thing was originally written for oh I don't know XBOX media center, so is it not TOO crazy to wonder why it can not run in compatibility mode like so many other games on the xbox 360Confused??
(This post was last modified: 2014-02-16 03:32 by phirestalker.)
find quote
exodus454 Offline
http://bit.ly/1bzV51P

The only thing that should make you "nautious" is the lack of research you did, no need to bring that attitude here

Using Tapatalk
find quote
Ned Scott Offline
Team-Kodi Wiki Guy
(2014-02-16 03:16)phirestalker Wrote:  this kind of stuff always makes me nautious. They say in the link that the LINUX version of xbmc will not work on PS3/wii/xbox 360. That is a moot point since the damn xbox 360 doesn't have linux. I MAY be mistaken but the damn thing was originally written for oh I don't know XBOX media center, so is it not TOO crazy to wonder why it can not run in compatibility mode like so many other games on the xbox 360Confused??

Oh, XBMC4XBOX will run on an XBOX360. It's just really impractical, and the main XBMC group stopped supporting that version years ago.

You can make easy links to the XBMC wiki using double brackets around common XBMC words: [[debug log]] = debug log, [[Video library]] = Video library, [[SMB]] = SMB , [[userdata]] = userdata, etc
find quote