newest nightly build - 3 new BUGS
Hi,

Yer that sounds like a great addition. The main reason is for speed. If i setup a new xbmc pc i would rather set it off caching all the thumbs/fanart for an hour or so. Then after that my experience will be smooth and quick. As it take some time to download the images as you scroll through the library if it has not been cached already.

What did you think about my question at the end of page 4 about the thumb previews not appearing to be used for small icons like covers?

Thanks,
Mark
If you're scanning on a new PC then they'll all be queued up anyway. If you're copying config from another PC, then just copy the Thumbnails + Texture databases over. No silly caching based on media paths that might change anymore - everything is cached on the image URLs instead.

Not sure what you're referring to by "thumb previews" ? Is this the dialog that loads when you "Get Thumb" ? If so, it's always been like that as far as I'm aware (for posters - fanart has a separate preview URL that we use if available).

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Wink 
Hi,

Yes i do mean copying over the config! Yer i did in the end copy over the thumbs manualy that wasnt a problem. It was just a feature suggestion rather than a fault Wink .

Code:
<thumb preview="http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/w500/4rDV8TgaILHRfX1IRgpysjkD9A0.jpg">http://cf2.imgobject.com/t/p/original/4rDV8TgaILHRfX1IRgpysjkD9A0.jpg</thumb>

Its the thumb preview i am talking about as show above.

I dont think this i getting rendered for the smaller images like in the cover walls in movie view.
These thumb preview links are not stored in the art table? does it just reference what is in the column in the movie table?

I only noticed this because the small cover/thumb images are alot more pixelated and sometimes so much i cant read the text on the dvd covers.

Thanks,
Mark
No, they're not scraped and not stored.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

so where does it use them? or should use them?
It doesn't use them anywhere. They're not scraped, nor are they stored. It's worth adding, I agree. A patch would be most welcome Smile

Compare how fanart is done basically. You'd need to add a preview variable to CScraperUrl::SUrlEntry and then add a retriever function for that similar to GetThumbURLs(). Lastly, you'd add support for retrieving the i-th real URL from the CScraperUrl.

You'd also need to hookup the scraper to return XML with the preview in it - not sure if it does yet already.

A nice project should someone be interested I think.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Is there any difference between the artwork/files used in Eden and Frodo? Not sure if I successfully have rescraped by removing content and set content back again...
(2012-05-26, 00:16)hefla Wrote: Is there any difference between the artwork/files used in Eden and Frodo? Not sure if I successfully have rescraped by removing content and set content back again...

That should work. They will only be downloaded when they are actually needed and that's done as a side process
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-05-26, 00:22)Martijn Wrote:
(2012-05-26, 00:16)hefla Wrote: Is there any difference between the artwork/files used in Eden and Frodo? Not sure if I successfully have rescraped by removing content and set content back again...

That should work. They will only be downloaded when they are actually needed and that's done as a side process

So the artwork is the same (.tbn-files), just different in how it´s now with a link in the db?
Correct.

You do not have to rescrape or anything. The thumbloader thread includes backward compatibility code that updates the video database with the URL to the art files as you view them. Further, the actual art will then be cached at that point.

Rescanning will essentially by-pass this process, filling the art table directly, so there's nothing wrong with doing that. Further, rescanning will also queue up all the caching jobs.

Cheers,
Jonathan

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
newest nightly build - 3 new BUGS0