Can't add a certain 3D Blu Ray
I recently bought a particular 3D Blu Ray movie released in 2012. DVD Fab reported that it had a particular kind of copy protection and may not play on certain players like PS3. I ripped it anyways and got a 0 byte file. Is there a better way to get the file into XBMC? The movie has "Ultraviolet" but I don't think I can just copy the movie into my XBMC library.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
You'll need to strip the DRM out.. Looks like the DRM is being handled on a title by title basis... Numerous complaints about that specific title, re: Information has been trickling out about Ultraviolet; some say it's just a new version of digital copy, others are saying it's a new DRM that will prevent copying. Version 2.9.8.2 Updated! Added support for a new Sony ARccOS protection as found on "Ultraviolet" (R2, Greek). Looks like the fix is in...
PatK are you referring to DVD Fab? The movie in question is Underworld: Awakening. I am trying to do a 3D rip and it's not working. I went to the sony sight to get the Ultraviolet download but I think that only works with their player.
The title in question is Underworld: Awakening. DVD Fab gives a message about some kind of copy protection that won't play on certain players like PS3. I ripped the 3D movie anyways and got a 0 byte file. The Ultraviolet download appears to be just a file that plays on the Sony player. What program are you referring to with version 2.9.8.2? DVD Fab is at 8.1.7.8 and is the only program that I know if that can rip 3D movies.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
My error miss-reading the movie... as Ultraviolet, then tracking down some of the material about it...(a message I read pointed at the version I listed, but the Fab site has updated info and your target doesn't seem to be mentioned yet) in the process of looking, I did run into pretty much the same info regarding a ripped 0 byte file.. so it looks like DRM lately is a cases by case basis. I was a little curious about the discrepancy in version numbers...Hopefully you'll get your fix soon.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't add a certain 3D Blu Ray0