How do I set consistent viewtype for a media level?
One particular annoying problem that I have run into is how to set a consistent viewtype for a media level.

For example: When I enter into a movie set media level, there is some default viewtype. I do not like that default viewtype so I go to the menu on the left and select a different one.

The problem is, that this only seems to apply to that one specific movie set. I would like to find a way to make that viewtype become the viewtype for all of my movie sets when I change it.

How can I do this?

I wish it would work the way TV shows do. When I change the viewtype for the season level or the episode level, then it changes it for every TV show. Not just the one TV show that I happen to be in when I change the value.

I am looking for any solution. Even If I have to go edit a file and find and replace a value to set all my movie sets to the same viewtype.

Thanks
Some skins offer the ability to disable or hide views, if you hide all, but the one desired... then visited each in turn.. I suspect that view would be saved. A return to your skin might hold that view (I've not checked this part... but it seems probable).
Hmm. Well I use a different view for my overall movies view so I can't disable that one.

I like a long list of posters along the bottom for my whole movie list but then a grid with an info panel on the side for when i open a movie set. Just personal preference I guess.

My current solution now is to open each movie set and change the view type manually but I have over 100 movie sets so its going to take a long time. And then I don't know how to save that kind of setting if i need to re-install or change skins.
Most skins have a default view, in T! it's Fanart and you can't change it globally. But as I mentioned you could disable certain views.. then visit each area and enable the view you want for your grid, you'll have less visiting to do. Different skins act a bit differently in this regard, and consequentially have different looks.
(2012-05-09, 20:37)SirMaster Wrote: I would like to find a way to make that viewtype become the viewtype for all of my movie sets when I change it.

Rather than start a fresh thread, I'm digging this up from the grave considering it's in the correct forum section and asks the exact question I'm chasing an answer to. 

Almost 10 years later and with Matrix having a more robust handling of MovieSets - is this something that's now achievable in any sort of fashion? XML or otherwise.

Cheers,

Mungo
I'm gunna take the sound of crickets as a "this still can't be done".
Quote:Most skins have a default view, in T! it's Fanart and you can't change it globally.

....what about as @PatK mentioned above - is this doable globally in Matrix anywhere?
(2021-03-30, 13:14)Mungo Wrote: I'm gunna take the sound of crickets as a "this still can't be done".
Quote:Most skins have a default view, in T! it's Fanart and you can't change it globally.

....what about as @PatK mentioned above - is this doable globally in Matrix anywhere?
Arctic Zephyr Reloaded lets you do this, as does Arctic Horizon. I'm sure most skins do and have for many years.

If you want a view which is different for "Movie Sets" than it is for "Movies", then no you can't, but you can set "Movies" & "Movie Sets" to have a Default view:

(2021-03-30, 13:31)FXB78 Wrote:
(2021-03-30, 13:14)Mungo Wrote: I'm gunna take the sound of crickets as a "this still can't be done".

Arctic Zephyr Reloaded lets you do this, as does Arctic Horizon. I'm sure most skins do and have for many years.

If you want a view which is different for "Movie Sets" than it is for "Movies", then no you can't, but you can set "Movies" & "Movie Sets" to have a Default view:

Yeah, so in other words you're confirming what I've asked. Short of specific skins that offer this type of functionality - Kodi in of itself doesn't. Actually the only "lock view" functionality I've seen in recent times has been from jurialmunkey - I don't think it's a common thing for most skins to have.

I was hoping with the love MovieSets were seeing in Matrix, they'd be controllable in the same way TV Viewtypes are - set 1 TV Series view, season view and episode view, and that sticks across any TV Series you go into. MovieSets currently you do that, and it only sets the viewtype for that specific movieset.

I was hoping in lieu of that type of functionality, that somewhere the default view Moviesets use (list) could be changed. At least they would ALL then display in the same way with 1 change and I could tweak regular Movies and TV views once.
This might be a bit late but not sure if anyone got a definitive answer to this question. I am not sure if it's because I use PlexKodiConnect that this worked for me but thought I would share the information.

I was struggling with this tonight and realized that if I go into the main Movie section or "Titles", where all the movies are listed and changed the Viewtype there, it applied that same Viewtype in to all the Movie Sets as well. (I am using Matrix with the default Estuary Skin)
If you are using a uPNP source the Mezzmo addon has numerous settings for mapping default views to media types.  There are media type settings for:  Top folder, folders, servers, Movies, TV Shows, Music, Music Videos and all other media.  So for each you can set the view type you want (i.e. List, fanart, media info etc...) . There are also some specific skin settings available for Aeon Nox 5, Esutary and Confluence / Default.  Lastly, you can enable / disable the view mapping override or use Kodi's.  If you are using SMB this won't help but for uPNP sources, it is an option.

Jeff
Running with the Mezzmo Kodi addon.  The easier way to share your media with multiple Kodi clients.
Service.autostop , CBC Sports, Kodi Selective Cleaner and Mezzmo Kodi addon author.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How do I set consistent viewtype for a media level?0