Mini-ITX HTPC cases and picoPSU mounting plates.
I should be able to use the template I have for that jack and instead of using it on one of the PSU mounting plates, use it on a slot cover. I've already done similar with the 5.5mm barrel jack on a full height cover. It'll just be a matter of how strong the resulting slot cover is for plugging/unplugging the cord (so that it won't bend). I am going to give it a try tomorrow or this weekend.
A flex sized square plate for a pico psu adapter could be useful.
(2012-05-10, 22:10)filthycatbox Wrote: A flex sized square plate for a pico psu adapter could be useful.

Do you mean to fit a case that takes a FlexATX power supply?

I had a TFX plate for a while but I think I only sold 3 of them so I gave up on the TFX size Smile.
Did you get to try making one?
(2012-05-15, 20:59)KraziJoe Wrote: Did you get to try making one?

Yes, sorry I had posted the results in another thread but neglected to update here.

I tried using the Startech low-profile covers. Drilling the holes was no problem. However, the resulting bracket is very easily bendable. It would bend the first time the plug was inserted. I am going to look into a better made low-profile slot cover.

Meanwhile, there is another thread here with information about modding the existing hole in the Antec case for using the mini-DIN plug of the picoPSU 160-XT.
+ 1 for Dougie Fresh
(2012-05-16, 01:45)Beer40oz Wrote: + 1 for Dougie Fresh

Thanks!

A carton of these was waiting for me when I got home tonight!

(batteries not included) Smile
(2012-05-15, 21:34)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-05-15, 20:59)KraziJoe Wrote: Did you get to try making one?

Yes, sorry I had posted the results in another thread but neglected to update here.

I tried using the Startech low-profile covers. Drilling the holes was no problem. However, the resulting bracket is very easily bendable. It would bend the first time the plug was inserted. I am going to look into a better made low-profile slot cover.

Meanwhile, there is another thread here with information about modding the existing hole in the Antec case for using the mini-DIN plug of the picoPSU 160-XT.

Where? I missed it.
Pretty case Dougie...... what you plan to do?
(2012-05-16, 04:20)Beer40oz Wrote: Pretty case Dougie...... what you plan to do?

I'll test it out and see what fits/doesn't fit, how the temperatures go, etc., take a bunch of pictures, write about it in my blog and then if it all goes well I will put them on eBay Smile

This case was fun. I got to make some customizations with the manufacturer -- the tray-load ODD and the IR receiver/remote. It's tiny -- 7.75" (197mm) x 7.75" (197mm) x 3.15" (80mm) and best of all, it takes a picoPSU! It's similar to the Wesena ITX-2.
really nice Dougie Fresh!

which cooler will u use?
(2012-05-16, 06:13)eskro Wrote: really nice Dougie Fresh!

which cooler will u use?

The standard mounting position is under the ODD which limits the cooler to 1U (28mm) like the Gelid Slim Silence. If I can mount the SSD vertically "with imagination", then it should fit up to a 37mm cooler like the SIlverstone NT07-1156. I have a ASUS P8H61-I / G620 I'll be testing with (my bedroom HTPC) which already has the Gelid installed.
So, HUGE disappointment here. The opening for the tray-load slim optical drive is TOO SMALL! No Now I will have to deal with getting them exchanged for working models, delay, etc.

This is why we use PayPal Smile Though, I really hope the manufacturer will make good. To me this is defective.

One other issue but one that could be solved with the right cable is when the 24-pin power connector is at the front of the motherboard (like the ASUS P8H61-I) the power button circuit board interferes with the picoPSU and it cannot be installed directly. That's doable. The ODD not fitting -- not doable. I don't have a laser cutter Smile.

(2012-05-16, 13:46)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 06:13)eskro Wrote: really nice Dougie Fresh!

which cooler will u use?

The standard mounting position is under the ODD which limits the cooler to 1U (28mm) like the Gelid Slim Silence. If I can mount the SSD vertically "with imagination", then it should fit up to a 37mm cooler like the SIlverstone NT07-1156. I have a ASUS P8H61-I / G620 I'll be testing with (my bedroom HTPC) which already has the Gelid installed.

So, it turns out the SSD/HDD mounts above the optical drive (which is awesome!) and there is room for 2 x 2.5" SSD/HDD. This was the happy surprise!
Oh man..... Sad hope you get that fixed soon...... makes me wana cry!!!

Smile
(2012-05-16, 02:51)Dougie Fresh Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 01:45)Beer40oz Wrote: + 1 for Dougie Fresh

Thanks!

A carton of these was waiting for me when I got home tonight!

(batteries not included) Smile

This is a modified Habey EMC-800B case.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini-ITX HTPC cases and picoPSU mounting plates.1