Mini-ITX HTPC cases and picoPSU mounting plates.
(2012-05-16, 23:20)Dougie Fresh Wrote: You might like this: http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1404634 for low-profile 1155/1156 coolers.
Out of those 3 coolers, I had brief experience with Silverstone NT07-1156. I tried it, and it is louder than Intel stock cooler. It's flimsy too. I end up re-installed Intel cooler........

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
After a little work with a file opening up the corners of the ODD opening, I am able to get my Samsung tray-load slim DVD to fit just fine. I am really happy with the result.

It just needs a little touch-up around the inside of the opening and it'll be perfect. It'll make a great box for a small build with a picoPSU. I am hoping to get time this weekend to do a build in it to measure fit and temperatures.

Did the cases come with a well finished cover plate or do they all have that pre-cut slot? They might make for a nice build if someone didn't want an optical drive.
(2012-05-18, 19:17)sydfx Wrote: Did the cases come with a well finished cover plate or do they all have that pre-cut slot? They might make for a nice build if someone didn't want an optical drive.

No, they all have the slot opening. I have been looking for a slot cover for when someone doesn't want a ODD but no luck so far.
(2012-05-18, 19:10)Dougie Fresh Wrote: After a little work with a file opening up the corners of the ODD opening, I am able to get my Samsung tray-load slim DVD to fit just fine. I am really happy with the result.

It just needs a little touch-up around the inside of the opening and it'll be perfect. It'll make a great box for a small build with a picoPSU. I am hoping to get time this weekend to do a build in it to measure fit and temperatures.

Any updates on this?
(2012-05-29, 13:18)JellyBean Wrote:
(2012-05-18, 19:10)Dougie Fresh Wrote: After a little work with a file opening up the corners of the ODD opening, I am able to get my Samsung tray-load slim DVD to fit just fine. I am really happy with the result.

Any updates on this?

It's a fine little (and I mean little case) with a few quirks:

- A big one is any motherboard with the 20/24-pin ATX power connector at the front is not compatible with this case. Since the case only has room for a picoPSU, the picoPSU interferes with the circuit board for the power button/LED. If the motherboard has the power on the side it's no issue.

- It does run a little hot which is to be expected in such a cramped space under an ODD. It was still 60C or so which sounds bad but isn't going to cause any damage to the intended use: SSD, ODD, TDP 65W or less. A 35W CPU would probably be the best. I don't have one for testing to confirm that but it seems to make sense. I think a passive CPU in here would be a bad idea since the heat would have nowhere to go.

- This is by far the smallest case I've ever worked with. It's a hair bigger than the motherboard itself so it takes some work to get it in to the case. I had to bend all the little things that stick out on the IO shield for instance. I also had to unstick the IR receiver and restick it so it did not interfere.

Once it's built though, you've got the smallest thing you can come by and it's really nice with the IR receiver. 7.75" x 7.75" is really small. It looks really cool.
This is what we've been working on -- call it the E-i7 v2.0.

What's new? An IR window, *standard* 180W internal DC powerboard and coming soon an available 150W AC adapter for those A8/A10 builds.

The E-i5 will also have the same IR window and standard 180W internal DC powerboard.

They should be ready by the end of the week!
Just got the E-i5 V2 case from http://www.ecosmartpc.com

Build quality is incredible on this case.

IR windows is a big plus as I can just mount my CIR receiver while saving a USB port and not having drill the front of the case.

Included 180W power board is rock solid, very stable power from high quality caps.

Great buying experience from Dougie Fresh and I would recommend doing business with him if you are in the market for a killer HTPC case !
Thanks, Milosh Smile
I see a lot of interest in these forums in the Atom/Nvidia combinations because of the great Linux/OpenELEC support so I've put together a new barebones with the D2500/GT610. The motherboard has a mSATA and mini-PCIe slot as well. It comes with a 72W AC adapter that plugs directly into the motherboard. Max memory is 4GB. In testing it consumes less than 30W at maximum load and under 20W watching video. It also comes in silver.

Here are some pictures on the version with a slot of an optical drive. There's also a shorter version without a slot I'll have pictures of later this week.

Here are some pictures of the E-i7 with the new IR window.

Here are some of the silver S197-H80 barebones cases:

Here's another newcomer, only 55mm tall.

This will work very well paired with the D2500/GT610 motherboard.
I am pretty excited about this new version of the Realan E-i7 case. It has a USB3 port, IR window and it has NO optical drive slot. You can build a pretty powerful system in this case since you can include a much larger cooler.

Here's a first picture of it:
Looks really great....

Gief us more pics Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Mini-ITX HTPC cases and picoPSU mounting plates.1