Need idea!? for tight fit!
I just received my scythe cooler.
I just installed it and the sata cables of my blue ray are pushing on the cooler. AND the sata power cable is not pluggable. So at least I need a 90 degree sata power cable!

how about?
http://www.amazplus.com/catalog/product/...rrency=GBP
Love XBMC too check this -> HERE (Last Updated: 25/01/2012)

check out the xbmcmediacentre.com competition!

My hate campaign on optical discs started young, sorry I can't help it. :rolleyes:
Right angle sata data and power cable do exist, for exactly this type of situation.
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
Too bad, because you chould have got a shorter BD-ROM "Sony Optiarc BD-5300S-03". I hope that you have enough room for 90 degree angle adapter........
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
Thanks blu ray Wink might get that to go in in my gd05 htpc
Love XBMC too check this -> HERE (Last Updated: 25/01/2012)

check out the xbmcmediacentre.com competition!

My hate campaign on optical discs started young, sorry I can't help it. :rolleyes:
Can I bent cooler fin in the connector area?
I did install the 90 degre but the drive is not fully slide in :-(
I still need to solve this issue.

So the option are
1- Buy another fan (not sure the other will fit as far I need about 7mm more space)
2- Buy another drive (more cost to the project as far i don't need the extra drive)
3- shave the heatsink with a dremell

Right now i'm thinking of shaving the fin on the heatsink.

Thanks

Dan
I think Ultrathins will work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6812816062

Physically altering the heatsink will work as long as you don't need to cut into the copper.

I see no major reason against removing a small part of the heatsink. It might weaken it slightly, as all of the fins are attached at the ends, but I can't see that being too much of an issue.

Just be sure to do it well away from the rest of the machine, and remove all the burrs afterwards!
Asus AT5IONT-I in an A+ CUPID-3 + 2TB Seagate LP + 16GB SSD + Ubuntu + Samba + XBMC

AT5IONT-I Problems? Check out my Motherboard I/O Map for troubleshooting tips.
Bummer! Hope you get it resolved...
Many of us have that heatsink and I think you can make the cut without hitting the copper pipe.

DOOOOO IIIIIIIIIITTTTTTTTT!!!

(2012-05-23, 18:49)poofyhairguy Wrote: I think Ultrathins will work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6812816062

Physically altering the heatsink will work as long as you don't need to cut into the copper.

Already ultra thin connector ;-(

I will keep it like this for now and if I built another PC I will reuse that heatsink and buy a new one!
I'm impatient to play with XBMC and I have so few time to do it Big Grin

Thanks guy!

Dan
Also, there are ultrathin right angle connectors, depending on how much room you need

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Need idea!? for tight fit! 0