Ability to "resume playback" for playlist files (.m3u)?
I am using Eden version 11.0 and would appreciate some thoughts on how to handle this. When I playback individual video files, the "resume playback" feature works great where if I playback some of the video file and then come back later, XBMC will prompt me to either resume playback from where I left off or start from the beginning.

I have a bunch of video playlist files (.m3u) to pull in some of my SageTV recordings w/ metadata, etc, when I play a playlist file through my library, it plays back fine, but the resume playback feature does not work. Every time I playback subsequent times, it always starts playback from the beginning and never prompts to resume from a specific time point.

Any thoughts on this? If it doesn't exist today, is there a process I can follow to add this as an enhancement request? This is a new process to me so appreciate your thoughts and guidance.
Bump. Any thoughts on this?
Moved thread to the "Feature request" subforum. Sounds cool to me :)
Is there any plan to implement this? The ability to resume an audio (or video) playlist would be very helpful for some particular types of setup - a music dedicated media center, for example.
I have been unable to get my resume point to work.
I changed it in the advanced settings file but it still only resumes if it has been 3+ minutes even though it is set to 0 seconds as the minimum resume time.
There is a single userdata folder on my computer for XBMC and it is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata.
The content of the advanced settings file, named Advancedsettings.xml is:
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
<video> <!-- "VideoSettings" instead of "video" for builds prior to May 22, 2006 -->
<subsdelayrange>10</subsdelayrange> <!-- Delay range for subtitles, in seconds. -->
<audiodelayrange>10</audiodelayrange> <!-- Delay range for audio/video sync, in seconds. -->
<smallstepbackseconds>7</smallstepbackseconds> <!-- Length of the small skip back (normally the BACK button) when playing a video -->
<usetimeseeking>true</usetimeseeking> <!-- Whether to use time based or percentage based seeking. -->
<timeseekforward>30</timeseekforward> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a short seek. Defaults to 30. -->
<timeseekbackward>-30</timeseekbackward> <!-- Time to seek backward in seconds when doing a short seek. Defaults to -30. -->
<timeseekforwardbig>600</timeseekforwardbig> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek. Defaults to 600 (10 minutes). -->
<timeseekbackwardbig>-600</timeseekbackwardbig> <!-- Time to seek forward in seconds when doing a long seek. Defaults to -600 (10 minutes). -->
<percentseekforward>2</percentseekforward> <!-- Amount to seek forward as a percentage, when doing a short seek. Defaults to 2. -->
<percentseekbackward>-2</percentseekbackward> <!-- Amount to seek backward as a percentage, when doing a short seek. Defaults to -2. -->
<percentseekforwardbig>10</percentseekforwardbig> <!-- Amount to seek forward as a percentage, when doing a long seek. Defaults to 10. -->
<percentseekbackwardbig>-10</percentseekbackwardbig> <!-- Amount to seek forward as a percentage, when doing a long seek. Defaults to -10. -->
<blackbarcolour>1</blackbarcolour> <!-- colour of the black bars (0->255), (black->white) on videos. -->
<fullscreenonmoviestart>true</fullscreenonmoviestart> <!-- Whether to go to fullscreen or not when starting a movie. Defaults to true. -->
<defaultplayer>dvdplayer</defaultplayer> <!-- Set the default video player: dvdplayer or extplayer. -->
<excludefromscan> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be added to library. -->
<regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromscan>
<excludefromlisting> <!-- Regular expressions that if evaluated to true won't be displayed in Files View -->
<regexp>[-\._ ](sample|trailer)[-\._ ]</regexp>
</excludefromlisting>
<playcountminimumpercent>100</playcountminimumpercent> <!--Minimum percentage that has to be played before it is marked as watched. Set to 101 to never auto-mark items as watched -->
<ignoresecondsatstart>0</ignoresecondsatstart> <!-- Number of seconds to ignore at video start after which a resume point is created -->
<ignorepercentatend>0</ignorepercentatend>
<!-- percentage of video to ignore at the end. If you stop watching the video here no resume point is created. The video is already marked as watched at 90%, see above -->

</video> <!-- use "VideoSettings" instead of "video" for builds prior to May 22, 2006 -->
</advancedsettings>

Please tell me why this doesn't work and how I can fix it.
(2013-07-03, 04:14)ultravio7et Wrote: I have been unable to get my resume point to work.
I changed it in the advanced settings file but it still only resumes if it has been 3+ minutes even though it is set to 0 seconds as the minimum resume time.
There is a single userdata folder on my computer for XBMC and it is located at C:\Program Files (x86)\XBMC\userdata.
The content of the advanced settings file, named Advancedsettings.xml is:

*snip*

Please tell me why this doesn't work and how I can fix it.

It doesn't sound like you are in the correct thread... If you are trying to resume playback on a playlist file, it won't work (which is what this thread is about). If you are trying to resume playback on just any given video file, please start a new thread in the general help forum.
+1,000,000,000 to be able to resume playlists so that the video in the playlist starts from the last point within the video where it stopped.

Currently if I am in the middle of video #3 in the playlist and quit at this point, then play the playlist again, it starts from the beginning of video #3 instead of starting from where I left off within video #3.

Kodi must also constantly (every 5 seconds or so?) keep track of the current video position - so that when it shuts off for whatever reason, the last position is known and can be started from there.

I just set this up so I can run kodi in my car and this feature would help tremendously.
(2015-08-27, 22:35)jawadshaik Wrote: +1,000,000,000 to be able to resume playlists so that the video in the playlist starts from the last point within the video where it stopped.

Currently if I am in the middle of video #3 in the playlist and quit at this point, then play the playlist again, it starts from the beginning of video #3 instead of starting from where I left off within video #3.

Kodi must also constantly (every 5 seconds or so?) keep track of the current video position - so that when it shuts off for whatever reason, the last position is known and can be started from there.

I just set this up so I can run kodi in my car and this feature would help tremendously.

-1,000,000,000 make this an optional setting
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2015-08-27, 22:38)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2015-08-27, 22:35)jawadshaik Wrote: +1,000,000,000 to be able to resume playlists so that the video in the playlist starts from the last point within the video where it stopped.

Certainly agree that this should be an optional setting, but -1,000,000,000??! Big Grin
(2015-08-27, 22:41)jawadshaik Wrote:
(2015-08-27, 22:38)Lunatixz Wrote:

Certainly agree that this should be an optional setting, but -1,000,000,000??! Big Grin

lol okay

+1,000,000,000

better Wink
I'm looking for exactly this - An option that would resume the playlist at the exact point it was left at. Would be perfect for creating your own TV channels out of playlist files!
(2015-10-26, 22:21)GriffeyJuni0r Wrote: I'm looking for exactly this - An option that would resume the playlist at the exact point it was left at. Would be perfect for creating your own TV channels out of playlist files!

Pretty much what PseudoTV Live does...

This would have to be an optional feature, since it would interfere with standard m3u playback.
I do love PseudoTV, but there are a lot of things it doesn't do as well as other addons (I prefer the TV Guide addon for it's background playing capabilities, easy ability to add/modify channels from Favorites, ect.)

Agreed that making it optional is certainly the right way to go - options like this are what makes Kodi the amazing media center it is

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Ability to "resume playback" for playlist files (.m3u)?1