Controlling XBMC via apple remote app not working
Hi

I am using apple's remote app to steer my old (silver) apple tv. Dont have original remote anymore.

Controlling apple tv via remote app works fine. Once I start XBMC controlling it is quite tricky, "down" doesnt work at all, "left", "right", "top" seem switched and a little tilted.

Anybody with a clue?

Thanks
C.
Batteries in the remote?
Set Up
Raspberry Pi running Raspbmc - XBMC 12.2
40" Samsung ES6800 LED Smart 3D 1080P TV
Onkyo HTS3405 5.1 DD True HD and DTS-HD Surround Sound
ReadyNAS Duo with 4TB (2 x 2TB X-RAID) Western Digital Caviar Green using NFS
It's an iphone. And yes its charged.
try one of the XBMC remote apps?!
In XBMC, go to Settings\Network\Services. There are settings there that affect remote control of XBMC via different protocols. Make sure those settings are correct for what you're using.

You'll want the "Allow control of XBMC..." on for what you're using. You can set a name and password there too.

Also the "Allow programs on other systems.." should be on.

Try that.
Doesnt change anything.

"Allow programs" was both "on" before, adding "allow control via http" and "allow control via UPnP" didnt make a difference.

Its not that using XBMC via iphone remote app doesnt work at all - just that some "mouse directions" dont work, and XBMC reacts to the whole remote controlling is very sensitive.

By the way - any ways to reset the video calibration? Since I cannot manover in all "mouse directions" I can just increase the screen and shift it to the right. Downloading Eden didnt help it.
ssh into the atv2 and:
Code:
rm /var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/guisettings.xml
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Controlling XBMC via apple remote app not working1