• 15(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
I'm going to have to go back to Alpha3 as well.

In Alpha4 the audio works for a few seconds but is crackling a lot, and then XBMC becomes unresponsive and the audio is stuck looping.

Here's the log, https://dl.dropbox.com/u/41720073/xbmc.log
(2012-08-13, 09:32)ace20022 Wrote: @davilla

As you suggested, I had a look at the WASAPI. It states that the latency retrieved by GetStreamLatency(...) is expressed in 100-nanosecond units.(GetStreamLatency).

In the current code there is comment that GetCacheTotal() returns a duration in seconds, the conversion is done by
Code:
/** returns buffer duration in seconds */
  return hnsLatency / 10.0;

In my opinion the correct conversion is
Code:
/** returns buffer duration in seconds */
/** hnsLatency is given in 100 ns steps, conversion to seconds:  div by  10000000*/
  return hnsLatency / 10000000.0;

I successfully played two flac files, but had no time to test more.

EDIT: In the meantime I had. The access violation still persists. Now it happens within minutes rather than seconds. However, the above is valid, I think.

ace

@Ace - you are mostly correct - the return value is in 100ns units, and the conversion to seconds does require that division. My dev branch includes that fix and one more: the result should be multiplied by 2x as there are actually two buffers of that duration which are filled prior to playback actually starting - this is contrary to Microsofts' descriptions on MSDN, but I have verified it via a somewhat complex tracking of the actual hardware buffer pointers with other development code. Further comments & details on GitHub in the PR mentioned above.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Welcome back DDDamian Big Grin
DDDamian... great to see you back in rotation! Hope you had a nice break. Wink

Cheers
Hi DDDamian,

I will post a reply in the dev thread, since I moved to it from post #624 on.

ace

Hey folks,
Its been quite a while since i have attmpted to upgrade beta versions for AE support (I need the new codecs to play back). My current version is a June build (6/6/12) or so and around then I tried several other versions with little success. Can you guys point me to a stable build? I honestly only stream mkv and iso blu ray files through xbmc and nothing else...very simple userSmile

Thanks!
(2012-08-15, 23:49)bigbwb Wrote: Hey folks,
Its been quite a while since i have attmpted to upgrade beta versions for AE support (I need the new codecs to play back). My current version is a June build (6/6/12) or so and around then I tried several other versions with little success. Can you guys point me to a stable build? I honestly only stream mkv and iso blu ray files through xbmc and nothing else...very simple userSmile

Thanks!

Frodo Alpha 3 - http://mirrors.xbmc.org/snapshots/win32/...alpha3.exe

[/quote]

[/quote]

So this link is to a regular non beta release? Sorry I am fairly new to xbmc. All I had found was the AE nightly builds prior, and these are the ones that gave me trouble.

Thanks.
The link is a "snapshot".

Taken from the wiki...

"Monthly builds are semi-stable nightly snapshots of pre-release builds.
XBMC developers have a merge cycle every month for new features and major changes. For one week they add new features, then for three weeks they fix things. The monthly is then taken from a nightly just before they start adding features again."
Quick Links: debug log (wiki) | userdata (wiki) | advancedsettings (wiki) | adding videos to the library (wiki)
Thanks^^^^
I'll give it a try!

[/quote]

[/quote]

So I gave Alpha 3 a try and same issues I had with all other nightly builds ( and I tried many). The video playback stutters constantly although its very minor but annoying nonetheless. I messed with the audio sync to display settings and nothing. I even tried alpha 4 with exact same issue. Now I am back to alpha 2 since I could not locate the previous 6/6/12 build that actually worked for me all this time.

any suggestions?

Will address a few issues here later today - for now a fix was posted last night for the WASAPI crash. Not 100% sure it made the nightly build but it should be there if someone wants to test the nightly or compile from master....
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
thx DDDamian, perfect fix today.
Works perfectly. Airplay is now working without crashing as well. Thanks!
Cheers guys. One user reported an audio delay of ~150-200ms after this fix - anyone else seeing that?
  • 15(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4