• 2(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
I've been getting scattered reports of high CPU usage in PAPlayer (music player in XBMC) - we're looking into that, and it may be part of the issue for you. If we can improve performance ofc we will. If you go to the settings page and enable debugging there you can see your CPU usage on the screen,
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Good catch. Whenever playing music, CPU usage is in the 90's and Milkdrop is having a hard time rendering at 60 hz. This didn't happen with earlier builds.
Interesting, and helps verify it's an issue. I'll look at what's causing that - you should definitely not be seeing numbers like that even with visualizations on.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
hi there. i can not export my whole movie database, it began normal but stopped at tv-shows. i checked this on 2 pc´s and same issue. i tried separate and no overwriting exist. play from there is possible. it is a smb and works well in early builds, but i do not know since when it stops.
LOG
Hi Nimo - sorry, you'll have to get answers for that elsewhere as it's not AE-related and this thread is specifically for that.

The cause of high cpu-usage with PAPlayer (music player) has been found - a fix will be coming shortly.
That must have been a quick weekend - glad you got reacquainted with your family, not forgetting the dog.

Are you having or have you witnessed any audio sync issues, with the latest nightlies - I personally haven't and it seems to have cured all my sync issues - but there are others - torcar here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80247&page=21 for example, who claim that it hasn't.
(2012-05-15, 16:58)steelman1991 Wrote: That must have been a quick weekend - glad you got reacquainted with your family, not forgetting the dog.

Are you having or have you witnessed any audio sync issues, with the latest nightlies - I personally haven't and it seems to have cured all my sync issues - but there are others - torcar here http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=80247&page=21 for example, who claim that it hasn't.

It was a nice mental-health break lol - thx Smile

Most of the feedback I've received (even before the merge) was that the issue appears resolved for the users who've commented on it. I have followed torcar's issue for a while, and it seems to be the anomoly so far, but ofc welcome more feedback on this. As AE was a complete re-write of the audio engine (as opposed to patches or fixes) it's impossible to point at a piece of code and say for sure it was a potential cause or fix, and the changes to DVDPlayer, unlike PAPlayer which was totally re-written, we minimal. Just enough to use the new engine. Would be nice to get more feedback on this - from both those who see an improvement and those who don't.
DDDamian, didn't see this thread until I posted in the developer thread--I'll repost the issues with WASAPI / cpu reinitialization:

When I shutdown the receiver the computer is attached to i get 30% cpu usage (where i'd hope for idle) and this in the logs:

AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED
repeated (xxx times) - millions, hundreds of thousands.

Code:
15:37:54 T:4212   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED
15:37:55 T:4280   ERROR: Previous line repeats 2154 times.
15:37:55 T:4280  NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Starting videodatabase cleanup ..
15:37:55 T:4212   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED
15:38:00 T:4280   ERROR: Previous line repeats 198620 times.
15:38:00 T:4280  NOTICE: CVideoDatabase::CleanDatabase: Cleaning videodatabase done. Operation took 00:05
15:38:00 T:4212   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED
15:38:00 T:4280  NOTICE: VideoInfoScanner: Finished scan. Scanning for video info took 00:05
15:38:00 T:4212   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED
15:38:00 T:5716   ERROR: Previous line repeats 1911 times.
15:38:00 T:5716  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
16:19:22 T:3120   ERROR: Previous line repeats 94731218 times.
16:19:22 T:3120  NOTICE: Thread Jobworker start, auto delete: true
16:19:22 T:4212   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED
16:19:22 T:5820   ERROR: Previous line repeats 9693 times.
16:19:22 T:5820  NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
16:19:22 T:4212   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED
16:19:23 T:5312   ERROR: Previous line repeats 27113 times.
16:19:23 T:5312  NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
16:19:23 T:4212   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED
16:19:23 T:2372   ERROR: Previous line repeats 5463 times.
16:19:23 T:2372  NOTICE: Thread CFileCache start, auto delete: false
16:19:23 T:4212   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED
16:19:25 T:5384   ERROR: Previous line repeats 80981 times.
16:19:25 T:5384  NOTICE: Thread Background Loader start, auto delete: false
16:19:25 T:4212   ERROR: CAESinkWASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed due to AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED

it's not debug, but I'd be happy to get you a debug log if it helps--
s
@Jayhawk - yikes - okay, I'll take care of that issue. Thx - won't need anything else for that one - very straightforward.
awesome thanks Smile my processors thank you!
Ok, i'm going here.

- Enable VIA in BIOS.
- Start XBMC, enable debug log, select Wasapi VIA in audio device.
Log is here.
- Close XBMC
- Start XBMC, start a multichannel FLAC. Stop, exit, get the log.
Log is here.
- Select VSX-921 at default audio device in Windows.
- Start XBMC, select Wasapi VSX-921 in audio device.
Log is here.
- Close XBMC
- Start XBMC, start a multichannel FLAC. Stop, exit, get the log.
Log is here.

And now... audio is working... No more problem VIA vs nVidia !!!
I don't understand, as i've checked twice next time...
Well... it means no issue, problem closed.

Nevertheless, the logs show interesting things : The problem of 2 channels occurs only during enumerate of devices. When asked for a specific format when file is played, the answer is positive.

I've checked more properly on my receiver, the file with DTS-HD MA audio is indeed labeled DST-HD MA on my receiver, so test Ok for it.
@jpsdr - I think you just didn't have the VIA device selected when all this started!

If I read things right here, every device and every format is working, correct?
Pfff.. i hate this waste of time, more for you than for me, for a non existant issue.
I still have to check this FLAC 2.0 file. It plays fine on MPC-HC on my standard PC, also on my Popcorn C-200, so i doubt there is some big broken audio issue.
I'll still have to do the following tests, still with the untouched file :
- XBMC just before AE merge on my PC for video.
- My actual build of XBMC (the same used on my PC for video) on my standard PC.
After this, i'll be able to pinpoint more precisely where fault is.
And after, try remux.
@jpsdr - no I answered the question - your receiver supports AAC per the avsforums official thread.

Now, answer mine, except for that one FLAC 2.0 soundtrack, everything's working?
(2012-05-17, 01:51)DDDamian Wrote: Now, answer mine, except for that one FLAC 2.0 soundtrack, everything's working?
Yes.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4