• 30(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
Hi DDDAmian, Sorry for being away so long, I'm back on Frodo RC3 and the strange DD 5.1 issue I have is still cropping up constantly (center channel garbed), any ideas
what this could be..

I have 5.1 selected under windows (with exclusive mode / priority) and 5.1 selected under XBMC .. I'm running AMD-E-450 with Radeon graphics card...

I recently updated my ticket also... http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13337#

Cheers

Gary
Not sure why the laptop speakers would take over if XBMC is set to use HDMI - I have a laptop I can plug in and the XBMC setting is used. A log might have some details.

@garysday - welcome back - saw the ticket update and will check it out.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thx DDDamian, I really appreciate it.. I can't believe i'm the only one having this issue on Radeon 6320 over HDMI I can provide whatever logs (and even an audio clip of the corruption ).. whatever you need.. If I can get this fixed it would be simply amazing !!!!

It works just fine on Eden (although obviously no HD Audio), so I'm sure it's an issue with Frodo to do with initialising the channels somehow; like I said a select of DTS-HD and back to 5.1 fixes it temporarily; so maybe it's an initialisation issue for 5.1 ?

Cheers

Gary
Seems like nobody's interested in my report above... but anyway.

One more strange thing that happens (again, only when letting XBMC decode, passthrough is fine, obviously):

6.1 format audio (FL+FR+FC+LFE+SL+SR+BC) will always be played back at 5.1. I don't know whether the missing BC channel is completely ignored or downmixed. Shouldn't BC be mixed into BL and BR instead, in a 7.1 setup, or at least left alone for the AV receiver to deal with it? Not dropped nor mixed into SL/SR?

Looks like AE has a major problem dealing with the BC channel in general...

Why am I using XBMC as decoder instead of passthrough audio, when passthrough appears to work fine, you may ask? Simply because I am using the "sync playback to display" setting to get smooth playback - but that setting is apparently completely ignored when using audio passthrough.
Hey DDDamian, I've tried with XBMC 12 final version, I can still get this problem, but not all the time... Whats funny is typically for some reason
my AV Processor (Arcam AVR 600) takes a good 3-5 seconds to sync on to the audio signal with XBMC (for some reason), however when I see the problem with the center channel it locks
on much quicker - theres a small burst of white noise followed by the corrupted center channel issue...

Any ideas?

Thx

G
Hi there,
Last night I could not hear the audio. I go to system - Audio output - audio output device is selected "DirectSound". When I try to change to WASAPI, xbmc crashes. can someone help me please? I can post the log.
Frodo 12
Thanks in advanced.
Simone.
I keep having an issue with my Frodo install.

My partner listens to music all the time using xbmc through our A/V Amp Pioneer VSX-527, she has the tv off and uses xbmc iphone app for control.

This happens randomly and I can't replicate the issue.

After checking the log I get this entry when the music stops "AudioClient reset failed due to AUDCLNT_E_NOT_STOPPED"

A reboot of XBMC and the audio starts working again. I'm running both my audio as WASAPI
You again Smile

It's likely that the turning the tv off could be the problem here as that forces a HDMI handshake process, however it's likely Frodo is unable to deal with this change in HDMI status thus causing the problem. This sort of situation should be improved within the new ActiveAE core for Gotham as there is now code to deal with audio devices changing state, but I'm not entirely sure yet if it'll be 100% fixed as it needs more testing.

If you can find a set of repeatable steps and then post a debug log with it occurring I can see if I can get one of the dev's to take a look, no promises however that someone will as all the devs are busy bug fixing for Gotham.
Hey man blame my partner, she just loves to breaks things.

The TV is already off before xbmc even loads. HTPC is on 24/7, Harmony remote turns on the amp then launches xbmc via a keyboard shortcut. TV remains off the whole time during music activity. Only occurs on music as well. Films are fine.

I'll try and get a debug log although it's hit and miss as sometimes she can go for hours on end listening to music and then sometimes it'll throw a hissy fit.

I've also installed a portable version of gotham as per your instructions and I promise I will test the 44.1Khz audio playback before the weekend is out and get back to you. Just been so busy with work lately.
Ah ok, the "AudioClient reset failed due to AUDCLNT_E_NOT_STOPPED" normally occurs when you try to play something the audio device doesn't support, however since audio is normally ok something must be causing the properties of the audio device to change, the TV being turned off seemed the most likely candidate but since that's off beforehand it must be something else. I assume you're still running WASAPI ok apart from this?
Yeah running WASAPI all round after re sampling 44.1 audio to 48

But from what I recall I think it still happened when using direct sound.
But of an update on this.

Got my partner to test by leaving tv on and it still does it.

Same error on the logs.
  • 30(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4