• 24(current)
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform
(2012-09-23, 02:06)hendoben Wrote: Looks like it never got resolved. Sad

actually reading would tell you otherwise and starting a new thread won't help either
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2012-09-23, 02:06)hendoben Wrote:
(2012-09-23, 00:11)hendoben Wrote: For some reason when I open XBMC it appears to mute everything else - Itunes, VLC, firefox etc. Songs won't even play on iTunes while XBMC is running. Huh

Only thing i could think to try was changing the 'exclusive mode' in the Windows 7 audio settings. All that did was make things worse though, as XBMC wouldn't playback anything if the 'exclusive mode' isn't turned on.

debug : http://pastebin.com/EsTfgN4P

Anything I can try?

edit: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...udioEngine

Exact same issue explained much better.

Looks like it never got resolved. Sad
This was probably due to XBMC hogging the audio device and this behaviour has already been addressed. The behaviour should now be different in the Nightlies but hasn't yet made it into the monthly alpha snapshot builds if you're using one of those, should be in Alpha 6 I believe to be released at start of October.

Yes, the exclusive mode issue has been addressed to try satisfy everyone: it can release the device when idle or keep it open for receivers that drop out.

Also just fixed (locally) the issue with transcoding to AC3 (caused discontinuities or "glitches") will push in the next day or two.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Thanks DDDamian! I've tested with nightly build from 20120923 and everything worked great with my Onkyo SR608.
(2012-09-25, 00:23)DDDamian Wrote: Also just fixed (locally) the issue with transcoding to AC3 (caused discontinuities or "glitches") will push in the next day or two.

Big Grin Can't wait!
(2012-09-25, 00:23)DDDamian Wrote: Yes, the exclusive mode issue has been addressed to try satisfy everyone: it can release the device when idle or keep it open for receivers that drop out.

Also just fixed (locally) the issue with transcoding to AC3 (caused discontinuities or "glitches") will push in the next day or two.

I love ya man. Looking forward to it!
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
I just compiled using DDDamian's patch and can confirm that AC3 transcoding is now working properly and all stuttering is gone. Nice work! Smile
Glad to hear it - it was a beyotch to track down the issue lol. Will post here when it's in master.

EDIT: Fix for transcoding glitches pushed in https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/a3ae...74650ce020

For anyone having issues with transcoding pcm/dts/etc to AC3 this will solve the discontinuities or stutter issues reported.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Great work folks!
Is this one on the nightly downloads now, DDD? no idea about compiling stuffs.

To answer my own question: yes.

Thanks man, running smooooooooooooooth! I love ya man, you have done something of greatness.
HTPC: Motherboard: Asus F2A85-V, CPU: AMD A10 6800K, RAM: Kingston XMP BEAST 16GB, Samsung 840 EVO 250GB, LG CH12NS30 Blu-Ray drive, Samsung, and WD various 2 and 3TB for storage, Windows 8.1, one for all remote/FLIRC, Logitech z906 surround system.
(2012-09-27, 19:43)Death-Axe Wrote: Is this one on the nightly downloads now, DDD? no idea about compiling stuffs.

Should be in latest
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
DDDamian, do you know if this will fix the DD 5.1 Issues that I am seeing (the bug that I raised a couple of week back (ticket # 13337)..

Cheers

Gary
@garysday - unfortunately not. I had a look thru the log you posted and everything seems as expected there. There's no obvious way I can think of that we drop a channel on AC3 after playing other formats between AC3 tracks, but I will try to reproduce on my system and go from there.

I have added investigating that to my to-do list. Any further insights would be welcome (from anyone) and I will investigate. Accepted the Trac ticket - thx for the details on it.
Is there a reason this thread has been Unstickied from the top of the forum?
One of the mods did a little cleanup I guess. Could re-sticky, but meh. It'll stay near the top of the list Wink
  • 24(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[AudioEngine] Support for AE on Windows platform4