2 MySQL libraries and profile switching error
I have a synology ds411j NAS running MySQL, which provides 2 databases. On my XBMC (openelec 2.0 beta3) I created 2 profiles, each referring to its own database.
This works, however there seems to be a problem when switching profiles.

If I switch from profile 1 to profile 2, the databases are updated. However if I switch back from profile 2 to profile 1, XBMC maintains a connection to profile 2 (eventhough I am logged in to profile 1). Rebooting the system resolves the problem.

Is this a known issue, or is there a known workaround?
I *may* have figured out the issue I was having. When I created the 1st video db, I did not include the DB name in the profile info and it auto created the DB "myvideo60" (or something like that). For the "kids" video db, I specified something like "kids60" but did not go back and enter the db "name" in the profile for profile 1. This might have fixed it (although haven't had a lot of chance to play / test. Can you confirm that the "name" is specified in both your profile xmls?
I think you are right. I did not have 'name' Included in my advancedsettings.xml for the master profile.

Note that you should not specify the '60' in the DB name. For accessing the default MySQL DB i now have the entries <name>MyVideos</name> and <name>MyMusic</name> listed inthe advanced settings.

Great find!
You're right - I also don't have the "60" - glad it seems like that was the problem - now to find some time to actually get it up and running to replace WMC & Media Browser as my main client.

You're right - I also don't have the "60" - glad it seems like that was the problem - now to find some time to actually get it up and running to replace WMC & Media Browser as my main client.
Time is always the most limiting factor Smile

If your HTPC is only intended for watching movies and playing music, I would advice you to take a look at the 'dedicated' solutions like openelec or xbmcbuntu. However if you have a need for a desktop on you HTPC stick with Windows+XBMC or Linux+XBMC. Openelec is small enough so that it can be run of an USB drive, so you could simply test it out once. XBMCbuntu also features a 'live' mode so you can test it.

Good luck
Cheers - might look into that although I've got no experience w/ Linux and find having a desktop useful sometimes for troubleshooting.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
2 MySQL libraries and profile switching error0