Win Some TV episodes are duplicated in library
I'm having a problem where all of the sudden some TV episodes are showing up duplicate in my library. I know the usual suspect here is a different path to the same file, but that is not the case. As the picture below shows, the paths in the db are identical. This is only a recent problem, but I'm not sure if it started when I upgraded to Eden final or before that. The problem only happens with TV episodes, but only some. I have only one share for all my TV shows (smb://TOWER2/TV Shows/) and while I'm using a central MySQl db, the path on sources.xml is the same across all machines. I've searched the forum, but either there was no solution offered, or it turned out to be different paths or file names.

Here is a screen shot from HeidiSQL showing a portion of the episode table:

Untitled by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

So far I haven't been able to get a log of this.

Which table is that that has a full path in it? Hint: there is no table with a full path, except for stack:// 'd or rar://'d URLs.

Exactly what query did you use to generate that list?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(2012-05-11, 04:37)jmarshall Wrote: Which table is that that has a full path in it?

Exactly what query did you use to generate that list?

(2012-05-11, 02:38)RockDawg Wrote: ... a screen shot from HeidiSQL showing a portion of the episode table:

The episode table has no path or filename in it. The episodeview will have separate entries for path and file. Neither, however, will have the complete, constructed filenameandpath.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.

Here is a screenshot from HeidiSQL viewing the episode table. As you can see, c18 contains a path.

Untitled1 by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

At the top you'll see 'MyVideos60.episode:4,673 rows total, limited to 1,000' This shows I'm in the episode table.
Right, but that's not (necessarily) the path or file - rather, it's the match that files view uses when assigning previously scraped content to files (for the library metadata in files view feature).

What is important is what is in the idFile column, and what strFile, idPath in the files table are and the corresponding strPath from the path table is.

That is where you'll likely find your 2 different paths.

Cheers,
Jonathan

I checked that out and it still looks like a problem. First, is another shot of the episode table to show that the two entries both reference the same idFile (5738):

Untitled by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

Now here's a shot of the files table showing idFile 5738:

Untitled1 by rockdawg2232, on Flickr

Both entries in the episode table are pointing to the exact same path and file. All the other duplicate episodes I've checked so far are the same way.
Thanks - the plot thickens!

From a scan of the code, it looks like this might be possible if entries are imported from a previous export. Is it possible that it occurred in this way?

It doesn't look to be possible when scanning, as there's a check for whether it exists before we add the episode.

I'm not sure whether the current check can be moved to make it more robust - have to think on it a bit (the problem is there's nothing wrong with 2 episode entries pointing to the same path - multiepisode files do exactly this).

Cheers,
Jonathan

The episodes in question here weren't imported. The episodes were downloaded via Sick Beard and it initiates the scan to add the episode to XBMC's library. I think it actually performs a "scan for new content" on the show folder rather than an "update library", because it only adds the specific show's episode and no other media that may exist that hasn't been added to the library.
Here is a debug log while two different episodes were scanned in and are now both duplicated in the library.

http://pastesite.com/36267

The two episodes are:

Blue Bloods - s02e22 - Mother's Day - 720p WEB-DL.mkv (starting around log line 11222)
Fringe - s04e22 - Brave New World (2) - 720p WEB-DL.mkv (starting around log line 11846)

Is it a coincidence that both have HDTV versions on the first scan through. Looks like no clean is done as your as.xml doesn't have the <cleanonupdate> inside <videolibrary>

So these ones at least are a red herring.

I thought the same at first too, but I have other episodes that only ever downloaded one quality (HDTV) that were also duplicated (see my first post). I took out the <cleanonupdate> to try to solve my other problem where my movie sources lose their content setting (you replied in my thread concerning it, but it still does it).
Right, so that implies that your dupes are due to the quality, in this case, right?

What we really need is a log where the dupes are unexplained Smile

I'm not following you. I have duplicates where the quality was upgraded and at least one duplicate where only one quality was downloaded.
Yes, but we have no log from the latter, right?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some TV episodes are duplicated in library0