Win Some TV episodes are duplicated in library
No, not yet.
As soon as you have I think that will give us the hints we need. I can't see anything wrong with the code, but I'm sure the Debug Log will point us in the right direction.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

OK. Be sure to check back. It will probably take a few days at least.
This is interesting as I have had exactly the same problem since I upgraded to Eden (XBMCbuntu, not Windows - apologies if this is on the wrong thread but I can't see anyone else with the same symptoms elsewhere). My entire music library is duplicated and some (but not all) TV shows are duplicted (it's binary, though - either all episodes for all seasons are suplicated or none are). Movies seem to be okay.

After the Eden upgrade I couldn't see any sources using the GUI anymore and new content wouldn't scan (not surprisingly). The duplicates started when I re-added the sources, though it is odd that not everything is duplicated. Cleaning the library makes no difference. What is interesting, though, is that if I "Remove from Library" one of the duplicated TV shows, it still sits there afterwards but with the right number of (unduplicated) episodes. It's like there is a 'hidden' source or something, as well as the visible one. When the system upgrades to Eden, how does it preserve the library? This could be where the problem lies...

I suspect the easiest thing is probably to trash the library and re-build. Two questions:

1. Before I do that, is there something obvious to check?
2. If I do go down the 'trash the library' route, what is the easiest way to do this (I can do basic stuff in linux but haven't gotten into databases yet)?

All help greatfully received!
Now that the summer shows have started, this problem is rearing it's ugly head again. AS you pointed out Jmarshall, it is only happening with HDTV quality shows. I have yet to see it with a Web-DL. In fact I have seen a couple where the original download was HD-TV and it was duplicated in XBMC and when it upgraded to Web-DL and XBMC scanned it in, it removed both entries for the HD-TV version when it cleaned the library. I have enabled debug logging and I have one show downloading tonight that's been doing this so hopefully I'll have a debug log tomorrow.
(2012-06-22, 20:20)ImTorn Wrote: This is interesting as I have had exactly the same problem since I upgraded to Eden (XBMCbuntu, not Windows - apologies if this is on the wrong thread but I can't see anyone else with the same symptoms elsewhere). My entire music library is duplicated and some (but not all) TV shows are duplicted (it's binary, though - either all episodes for all seasons are suplicated or none are). Movies seem to be okay.

After the Eden upgrade I couldn't see any sources using the GUI anymore and new content wouldn't scan (not surprisingly). The duplicates started when I re-added the sources, though it is odd that not everything is duplicated. Cleaning the library makes no difference. What is interesting, though, is that if I "Remove from Library" one of the duplicated TV shows, it still sits there afterwards but with the right number of (unduplicated) episodes. It's like there is a 'hidden' source or something, as well as the visible one. When the system upgrades to Eden, how does it preserve the library? This could be where the problem lies...

I suspect the easiest thing is probably to trash the library and re-build. Two questions:

1. Before I do that, is there something obvious to check?
2. If I do go down the 'trash the library' route, what is the easiest way to do this (I can do basic stuff in linux but haven't gotten into databases yet)?

All help greatfully received!

Any Luck with this?

I am having the same issue (duplicate TV shows on some drives) however I AM in deed showing two different paths on the Info section - one SMB and one Y:\TV Shows -

How do I get rid of the SMB?

I have deleted all my sources and re-added only the mapped drives - no good
I deleted the SMB mappings in the file: mediasources.xml - no good
I Cleaned Library (Setting, Video, Clean Library - no good
Also deleted duplicate shows - then updated library and they came back as duplicates - no good

What else do i need to do?

Many thanks in Advance
I found a similar post with a problem not exactly the same but anyway by deleting myvideos*.db that cleared my library - then i just set content again - waited for everything to load up and my sbm shares were finally gone

No more duplicate TV Shows ...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Some TV episodes are duplicated in library0