graphic glitches under Win7 / Mac mini
Hi Guys

I have xbmc for mac running fine on os x. But I want to run the windows version as I want to run the version of xbmc that has been modified to bitstream the high def sound tracks, i.e. mostly dts-hd.

So I've got win7 running on this thing now and have installed all the apple bootcamp drivers, then I've run windows update and have all the latest stuff, including what seems to be a newer version of the intel graphic drivers for the onboard intel card in the mac mini. btw the mac mini is a 2.3ghz i5 with 8gb ram. The video is intel HD 3000 512mb,

The high def soundtracks work and sound great. Unfortunately I get glitchy graphics when viewing 1080p files. Every 5-10secs a big chunk of distorted graphics comes on the screen.

If I go into the xbmc settings and turn off hardware video decoding and run the software decoding, the graphic glitches go away, but unfortunately it doesn't render the file smoothly. it's clearly dropping frames.

The annoying thing is that under os x with hardware decoding on, it plays the file like butter with no glitches. But minus the dts-hd bitstreaming support.

I hope this is making sense Smile it sounds like a windows graphics driver issue to me. Any tips? I don't think that dts-hd output is coming on the mac side anytime soon from what I've read. The reason i want this is I'm starting to rip my bluray discs to a NAS.

thanks for any help. The next step is to sell the mac mini and build a pc but hopefully not.

With Intel GPUs, you will need to set "Allow hardware acceleration (DXVA2)" to off. You can have the render method be DXVA though. I have my render method set on auto, DXVA2 off and in system\video output make sure "use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" is off.
thanks for the reply. I tried all that and it helps, but i still get graphic glitches occasionally. Setting xbmc to match the refresh rate helped further, but it's still not perfect like it is when booted under os x.

I'm probably going to just get a windows box and make sure it has a non intel graphics config.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
graphic glitches under Win7 / Mac mini0