• 37(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
The yellow icon is shown when there is a configuration problem in xbmc...

The remote is not able to connect to the notification channel on port 9090 and therefore doesn't receive playback status updates of the currently playing item. When you open the now playing screen it does poll for the current status and therefore it will update.

The reasons why this may happen:

1) On xbmc the following option is not enabled:
System -> Settings -> Services -> Remote Control -> Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc

2) The notification port 9090 on xbmc crashed and xbmc needs to be restarted. Doesn't happen once every few days on my setups but there is definitively an issue in xbmc. After the restarting xbmc the icon should be shown in green again if 1) was configured properly.

To manually verify if the port 9090 is available you can connect to your pi over ssh and execute
Code:
netstat -an | grep 9090

If you don't see something like this with the text "LISTEN" in the output 1) or 2) is the problem
Code:
tcp6       0      0 :::9090                 :::*                    LISTEN
Thanks, I hadn't enabled that option after I reinstalled xbmc to switch to a bigger SD-card (which was right at the time of the 1.8 update Wink )
(2014-02-05, 21:04)Millencolin007 Wrote: I had some performance and memory problems long time ago so I changed the file browser that it does not keep the previous folders in memory therefore loosing the position in the previous folder. I think that it shouldn't be that hard to remember the previous folder and automatically scroll back to that position. Will try to fix that for next release

Seems like you implemented. Many thanks!
(2014-03-22, 10:56)Millencolin007 Wrote: If you enable the option "Playback Buttons" in the settings you should get the additional buttons in the remote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGMrG5ERE9o&t=0m39s

I hate to keep harping on this, but I'm not sure how to get these "additional buttons."

I would show you pictures, but I don't have a way to attach the pictures.

I do have the "Playback Buttons" checked in the settings, but I don't get anything besides skip+/- and pause. Can you please check this??

In the remote section there are so many buttons, but what I would really like is: "play, stop, scan+, scan-"

Thanks for following up on this!

Brian
By the way, what is the x button in the music notification supposed to do? It stops the music and removes the notification, but does only seem to work, when the app is connected to an xbmc server. That way I can't remove the notification on my smartphone after leaving the house. I use multiple instances of the app + an IR-Remote, so I got persistent notification + icon on my devices all the time although music stopped playing long ago. In order to remove the notification I have to open up the app, go back to the home screen and then exit the app.

So, I'd find it more logical and convenient if the x button did just close the notification (no matter if I'm connected to xbmc) and not stop playback. There's a pause button just a few pixels away, anyway Wink

(2014-03-29, 06:38)Brian B Wrote:
(2014-03-22, 10:56)Millencolin007 Wrote: If you enable the option "Playback Buttons" in the settings you should get the additional buttons in the remote

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mGMrG5ERE9o&t=0m39s

I hate to keep harping on this, but I'm not sure how to get these "additional buttons."

I would show you pictures, but I don't have a way to attach the pictures.

I do have the "Playback Buttons" checked in the settings, but I don't get anything besides skip+/- and pause. Can you please check this??

In the remote section there are so many buttons, but what I would really like is: "play, stop, scan+, scan-"

Thanks for following up on this!

Brian
If You're in the library you can swipe from the left edge of the screen and a remote with play, stop, skip,...-buttons + allthe other buttons will show up. I don't even use the other remote any more.

btw, the checkbox doesn't seem to work for me, neither.
@kupi: I think the x button should stop playback and remove the notification also when not connected. I will check why it does not always work. If you compare with the google music app it also stops music and removes the notification so this seems to be the standard way to do things.

@brian B:
Are you using the remote on a tablet from the "remote" tab? The additional buttons won't be shown there since you have skip next/previous and pause buttons on that screen already. Also in lanscape view on phones the additional buttons are not shown.
Woah...didn't even know that slide in remote was there. But, I still see no way to fast forward and rewind?

Thanks kupi!

B.
Well then it is time that I make the slide in remote more discoverable ;-)

You can fast forward / rewind using left / right arrows on the remote or you can use the slider from the now playing screen
Maybe the remote tab button could make the remote slide out instead of bringing up the remote screen...
Tested your app. Really would like to get this "xbmc queue" feature.
I know I must upgrade to the full version.
Is there any way without google ?
And since I do not have a google account. What's the price for the full version ? I'm pretty sure it's worth !

Thanks so far !
At the moment the app is only available from the play store. The unlocker varies from one currency to another but it is ~ usd 4.25 or euro 3.5
To avoid giving google access to financial info, I created a dummy account, bought a google play topup card, and credited it to my google play account - works a treat
Derek
Music Pump version 1.8.1 is available in the playstore

The update contains a new remote layout which fixes a problem with the android gotham version.

If you prefered the old remote layout you can re-enable it in the settings but in case you want to control xbmc gotham on android you need to add the missing keymap file as described in the following post:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1663226
Yippee! on the update

Boohoo on it working...

Play = does not start playback (like the play button in the actual XBMC app)
Scan +/- = does not scan (like above) but just jumps ahead by preset amounts.

Stop = works.

Like the remote icon on the bottom left--makes sense and I use it. I'm sure I'll notice some other stuff, but for now the rest seems fine.

B.

Edit: Another thing--not a big deal--but "Now Playing" and the remote icon are on far extremes of the screen so when the remote is open, the now playing option is hidden. Same happens when the queue is open (on the right), the remote icon is hidden.
(2014-04-21, 04:02)Brian B Wrote: Yippee! on the update

Boohoo on it working...

Play = does not start playback (like the play button in the actual XBMC app)
Scan +/- = does not scan (like above) but just jumps ahead by preset amounts.

Stop = works.

Like the remote icon on the bottom left--makes sense and I use it. I'm sure I'll notice some other stuff, but for now the rest seems fine.

B.

Edit: Another thing--not a big deal--but "Now Playing" and the remote icon are on far extremes of the screen so when the remote is open, the now playing option is hidden. Same happens when the queue is open (on the right), the remote icon is hidden.

"Play" is currently mapped to PlayerControl(Play) therefore it will play/pause the currently playing item. But I can change that to the "play" keymap which seems to be slightly different as it allows you to start playback of the selected item in xbmc and restarts the current song if you hit play during playback

Any special reason why you need seek to work like fast forward...? I think that it is easier to skip by a fixed amount in the file and using the back button to skip back a couple of seconds instead hitting a couple of times on the fast forward button to seek at the desired speed and select play to stop seeking. If a movie is playing you can also jump by 10 minutes with the up and down arrows. But if this is really required I can add an option in the settings to change the mapping.

If one of the drawers is open the rest of the screen does not respond to touches and will simply close the drawer. Therefore even if the other button would be visible you could not switch between remote and now playing without closing the drawer first
  • 37(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7