• 38(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
Thanks for your quick response.

Re: Play
Yes, it would be better to have the "other" play function. If you are using Music Pump to watch TV I can click play on a season and have it start the first unseen episode. The alternative is "select" to get into the season, "select" to open the episode and then "select" again to begin playback. With a separate "play" function I can "select" if I want to see episode info and I can "play" if I want to start the episode playing--two different things.

Re: FF/REW
I suppose I'm old school and occasionally FF through a song and scan through a TV episode rather than skipping. The ideal would be to keep >>| and <<| to go to next song, previous song and next chapter/previous chapter, have >> and << for scanning forwards and back and the < and > navigation for skipping forward and backwards for preset amounts (10 min/ 30 seconds, etc). The regular XBMC has both the skip and the scan functions and for me (at least) I use them.

Lastly, is there a picture quality limitation on the artist pics and/or album pictures? On my tablet they seem lower quality than they should be--some of the artwork is pixelated and fuzzy...

Thanks for all your hard efforts in making Music Pump clearly the best Music app for XBMC for the android!

B.
(2014-04-22, 01:28)Brian B Wrote: Thanks for your quick response.

Re: Play
Yes, it would be better to have the "other" play function. If you are using Music Pump to watch TV I can click play on a season and have it start the first unseen episode. The alternative is "select" to get into the season, "select" to open the episode and then "select" again to begin playback. With a separate "play" function I can "select" if I want to see episode info and I can "play" if I want to start the episode playing--two different things.
I changed it in my dev build and it will be in the next release.
BTW: When browsing tv shows inside the app you can long-press on the TV Show to start playing the next unwatched episode
(2014-04-22, 01:28)Brian B Wrote: Re: FF/REW
I suppose I'm old school and occasionally FF through a song and scan through a TV episode rather than skipping. The ideal would be to keep >>| and <<| to go to next song, previous song and next chapter/previous chapter, have >> and << for scanning forwards and back and the < and > navigation for skipping forward and backwards for preset amounts (10 min/ 30 seconds, etc). The regular XBMC has both the skip and the scan functions and for me (at least) I use them.
I have added an option for this in the settings to change the button mappings.
(2014-04-22, 01:28)Brian B Wrote: Lastly, is there a picture quality limitation on the artist pics and/or album pictures? On my tablet they seem lower quality than they should be--some of the artwork is pixelated and fuzzy...
The pictures are scaled down to the required size and then cached on the disk as jpeg with some compression level. Image quality seems to be ok on my tablet. Maybe the source image from xbmc is already in low quality

What about movies and tv shows? Do they also look pixelated on your device because I think that it uses the same mechanism to convert images and you should see more or less the same image quality as for artists / albums
Was playing some music last night and noticed that the left cursor/button caused a skip+ while the up,down and right did nothing. Thought this might be a bug/oversight so thought I should mention it.

As for the pictures, the movie posters look best (maybe because they are larger?), TV show posters and album covers look 2nd best and some artists look worst. Might be because albums are normally square and some of the art for artist is getting re-sized and/or stretched/expanded to fit.

For now I guess it is not worth worrying about.

Thanks,
B.
I don't think that this is a bug. The new remote uses the key mappings defined in the remote.xml keymap file which you can customize if required

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...remote.xml

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Keymap

You can modify the following keys inside the keymap file:

Code:
<play>Play</play>
<pause>Pause</pause>
<stop>Stop</stop>
<forward>FastForward</forward>
<reverse>Rewind</reverse>
<left>Left</left>
<right>Right</right>
<up>Up</up>
<down>Down</down>
<select>Select</select>
<enter>FullScreen</enter>
<back>Back</back>
<menu>PreviousMenu</menu>
<title>ContextMenu</title>
<info>Info</info>
<skipplus>SkipNext</skipplus>
<skipminus>SkipPrevious</skipminus>
<display>FullScreen</display>
Thank you for this app, It is working great for controlling XBMC without the TV.
Only after updating to the latest version of Music Pump I noticed that the played songs are not displayed any more and only the stream name is shown. I am using Frodo 12.3 (windows) and Music Pump on a Android phone.
Mostly I listen to DI.FM and SKY.FM by using the add-ons for these steaming services.

Hopefully there is a solution to restore this functionality.

Best Regards.

ps. Sorry for my bad English, I am not native English speaking.
The problem probably already existed in previous versions of music pump and other remotes suffer from the same problem.

Unfortunately there isn't much I can do to fix this because xbmc does not return the playing song (but the stream name) when requesting the currently playing song over json rpc. Until this is changed / fixed in xbmc I can't do much. I think this was discussed a couple of times in the development forum but it seems not so easy to fix. I doubt that it was actually working with previous versions.
Did some more tests using the sky.fm addon because I was curious...

Requesting current status on 12.3 (linux) did not return the song title as you can see in "label"
Code:
{
    "id": 1,
    "jsonrpc": "2.0",
    "result": {
        "item": {
            "album": "",
            "albumartist": [],
            "artist": [],
            "fanart": "",
            "file": "http://pub4.sky.fm:80/sky_smoothjazz_aacplus",
            "genre": [
                "Smooth Jazz"
            ],
            "label": "Smooth Jazz",
            "rating": 0,
            "thumbnail": "image://%2fhome%2fmichel%2f.xbmc%2fuserdata%2faddon_data%2fplugin.audio.sky.fm%2f20.png/",
            "title": "",
            "track": 0,
            "type": "unknown",
            "year": 0
        }
    }
}

Playing the same stream on Gotham Beta (Windows) returned the song details
Code:
{
    "id": 1,
    "jsonrpc": "2.0",
    "result": {
        "item": {
            "album": "",
            "albumartist": [],
            "artist": [],
            "fanart": "",
            "file": "http://pub4.sky.fm:80/sky_smoothjazz_aacplus",
            "genre": [
                "Soft Smooth Jazz"
            ],
            "label": "Chuck Loeb - Hand in Hand",
            "rating": 0,
            "thumbnail": "",
            "title": "Chuck Loeb - Hand in Hand",
            "track": 0,
            "type": "song",
            "year": 0
        }
    }
}

So maybe the issue will go away once you update to xbmc gotham.
I have noticed that when I select a TV episode to play using the remote control (and don't select it directly from inside the TV Show portion of the app), there is no time info when selecting "Now Playing."

I don't recall this being the case in the past.

What I get is the name of the episode, but it says S00E00 and it shows 0 time. Also, I think it just shows a generic XBMC picture above and not the image of the episode.

Was it always like this? Don't think it was...

B.
On my xbmc installations it shows the episode picture and title, tv show name, season / episode using the latest version from play store.

Which xbmc version / os are you using?

Do you see a yellow circle next to the xbmc instance when you select the server from the start screen? This would mean that the notification port on xbmc is not working properly / not enabled. Verify that it is enabled under System -> Services -> Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc...
Ok, false alarm. Tonight it seems to be working.

Thanks for the response.

B.
I have released Music Pump XBMC Remote 1.8.2

Changes:
- Behavior of fast forward button can be changed in the settings
- Play button behavior has been changed as suggested by Brian B a few posts back
- Added an option to show the remote in full screen when opening the drawer
- Removed the [COLOR ..] tags which where shown in a couple of addons e.g Digitally Imported

A few translation strings are missing. You can help with the missing translations at http://www.getlocalization.com/musicpumpxbmcremote/
Problem: Songs with parentheses will not add to the queue (nor play), such as: "Super Freak (pt. 1)" or "Summertime (extended club mix)".

When I select a particular artist, ex. Elvis Presley, I get a list of albums (in my case three), but there are 235 songs. So, when I slide over to the song list I get a huge list of songs that appear to be listed in order of the song list on each album consecutively and then singles are tacked on at the end in no particular order.

Request: It would be nice to see the song list in alphabetical order. This would be an easy way to find a song of a particular artist without resorting to a search. Also, I could see song titles that are duplicate or different versions all next to each other and not in completely different places on the list.

Thanks again!

I should mention that songs with parentheses that are part of an album do seem to add to the queue and play as well (when the entire album is added to the queue). But, I'm unable to add songs singly whether part of the same album or separately .

B.
(2014-05-06, 08:07)Brian B Wrote: Problem: Songs with parentheses will not add to the queue (nor play), such as: "Super Freak (pt. 1)" or "Summertime (extended club mix)".

Songs are queued by id therefore there should not be any encoding problem on my end and I am not able to reproduce this on my systems. Are you sure that you can actually play the mentioned files when starting playback directly on xbmc. If you have added / removed songs from xbmc you may try to refresh the music cache in the app because ids may have changed.

(2014-05-06, 08:07)Brian B Wrote: When I select a particular artist, ex. Elvis Presley, I get a list of albums (in my case three), but there are 235 songs. So, when I slide over to the song list I get a huge list of songs that appear to be listed in order of the song list on each album consecutively and then singles are tacked on at the end in no particular order.

Request: It would be nice to see the song list in alphabetical order. This would be an easy way to find a song of a particular artist without resorting to a search. Also, I could see song titles that are duplicate or different versions all next to each other and not in completely different places on the list.
The song list is reused at a lot of places in the app... in albums it makes sens to order by track number, other times alphabetical ordering would probably be better. Will check if I can change it at least for artist -> songs
Library refresh fixed the issue. It turns out it was worse than just songs with (). Anyway, refresh and everything working again.

Question: If I go to Genres and select one, I get a list of artists. Ex. I select Jazz+Funk and I get a list that includes Donald Byrd. It says "7 songs" underneath. But, when I select Donald Byrd I see all his songs and not just the 7 that are "Jazz+Funk."

This doesn't seem to be correct behavior...the whole point of selecting the genre and then narrowing it down to just 7 songs...Does my explanation make sense?

B.
Do you plan to add support for playing PVR recordings?
  • 38(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7