• 39(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
@brian B
The problem is that xbmc started to support more than one genre / artist per song in xbmc frodo. I have not rewritten the db schema at the time this change was made and I am only keeping the first genre / artist for a song in the local db cache. Therefore if you browse by genre -> artist you will not see the same list as you would when browsing on xbmc directly (songs mapped to multiple genres will be missing). So I think that it is better to show all songs from that artist at the moment even if it may make more sense to only show songs with that genre. if you browse genre -> albums you usually also want to see all songs from the album and not only the ones which match that genre

@smee204
I have to install a PVR backend first to play around with the recording json-rpc function. But once this is done I will probably add support for playing recordings in xbmc gotham
Love your app! Especially the way it supports compilations.

In the music queue next to each song picture the title is displayed. Just below each song title it says "file/song". Why is that? Does that have a function?
It is showing some information about the file type if no proper meta data is available from xbmc. Also it is only shown if you have disabled "Metadata in file mode" or if you have not scanned the song into the library and therefore xbmc does not have exact information about artist / song title. If metadata is present it will display artist / song title
Thanks for clearing that up. I turned on "Metadata in file mode" in the Music Pump settings and now the playlist is showing the additional information.

I have another question on playlists. I created a few playlists on my pc and copied them to the playlist folder on my pi. When I select these playlists on XBMC, the songs are queued in the exact order of the playlist, which is what I would like it to be. When I select them on Music Pump, to play on the pi, the songs are sorted in alphabetical order. As the songs are from different albums and all songs are named "tracknumber - title", sorting them alphabetically results in a songorder that differs from the order I set up the playlist. I noticed that this behaviour also occurs when using the stock xbmc iphone app, so it's not strictly related to Music Pump.

Does anyone know why this happens and whether I could change this behaviour so that using Music Pump also results in a running order that is exactly the same as the original playlist order?
Every few days (after adding songs/albums to the library) I find I have to do a manual refresh to the library otherwise all sorts of weird things happen (some described above). I thought the application somehow would add new songs to the library on startup? It is not the end of the world, but does take some time to refresh the entire library every time I go to use the program.

Ex. Yesterday I started with 434xx songs and then after the add it showed 437xx songs. Before that I went to add a play a song and nothing happened. Or, I would select a song to play and it would play something else.

Thanks,
Brian

PS Been using the app for TV viewing (not my original intention) and it has been working great.
I bought the unlocker just so that I could stream the music stored on my phone's SD card to XBMC (using a Raspberry Pi), it sort of works but the playback in XBMC stops after every single song.

I also can't get the app so see any of the playlists on my phone's SD card. When I go to Playlists under Play Local Files, it just says "No Playlists". If I go to Songs/Artists/Albums then it finds my music ok, and if I select some music and press Add to Playlist then all of my missing playlists show up in the drop-down menu, but when I go back to the Playlists screen it is still empty.
Hi,
I'm new user and just checking out app before buy license. I got huge library of music on PC with XMBC installed and what I like is browse by files. When I browse music by files in your app its always sort it in album folder by files/tracks names from A-Z, can't find out in settings how to queue by tracks numebers from 1 to XX ascending. Any idea? This problesm doesnt exist when browse by album/artist...
(2014-05-31, 16:25)Hypertown Wrote: Thanks for clearing that up. I turned on "Metadata in file mode" in the Music Pump settings and now the playlist is showing the additional information.

I have another question on playlists. I created a few playlists on my pc and copied them to the playlist folder on my pi. When I select these playlists on XBMC, the songs are queued in the exact order of the playlist, which is what I would like it to be. When I select them on Music Pump, to play on the pi, the songs are sorted in alphabetical order. As the songs are from different albums and all songs are named "tracknumber - title", sorting them alphabetically results in a songorder that differs from the order I set up the playlist. I noticed that this behaviour also occurs when using the stock xbmc iphone app, so it's not strictly related to Music Pump.

Does anyone know why this happens and whether I could change this behaviour so that using Music Pump also results in a running order that is exactly the same as the original playlist order?

Playlists are accessed using the api function Files.GetDirectory which probably does not return the playlist in the original order by default... Maybe there is a sort function which allows returning the proper file order... I have to verify

(2014-06-02, 23:32)nugget Wrote: I bought the unlocker just so that I could stream the music stored on my phone's SD card to XBMC (using a Raspberry Pi), it sort of works but the playback in XBMC stops after every single song.

I also can't get the app so see any of the playlists on my phone's SD card. When I go to Playlists under Play Local Files, it just says "No Playlists". If I go to Songs/Artists/Albums then it finds my music ok, and if I select some music and press Add to Playlist then all of my missing playlists show up in the drop-down menu, but when I go back to the Playlists screen it is still empty.

For the first issue:
Do you see a yellow circle next to the xbmc instance when you select the server from the start screen? This would mean that the notification port on xbmc is not working properly / not enabled. Verify that it is enabled under System -> Services -> Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc... In that case the app does not detect when playback of the current file is done => it does not start playback of the next one

For the second issue:
Try to long-press on "Play local files" and refresh the library
(2014-06-04, 11:24)Millencolin007 Wrote:
(2014-06-02, 23:32)nugget Wrote: I bought the unlocker just so that I could stream the music stored on my phone's SD card to XBMC (using a Raspberry Pi), it sort of works but the playback in XBMC stops after every single song.

For the first issue:
Do you see a yellow circle next to the xbmc instance when you select the server from the start screen? This would mean that the notification port on xbmc is not working properly / not enabled. Verify that it is enabled under System -> Services -> Remote control -> Allow programs on other systems to control xbmc... In that case the app does not detect when playback of the current file is done => it does not start playback of the next one

I had the option to allow programs to control XBMC turned on, but still received the yellow circle. It turned out the notification port on Music Pump was configured to a different port than XBMC. Changing the Music Pump notification port to match the port configured in XBMC (in my case 9090) fixed the issue.
(2014-06-04, 11:24)Millencolin007 Wrote:

For the first issue:

For the second issue:
Try to long-press on "Play local files" and refresh the library

Thanks for the suggestions, I can see my playlists now after refreshing the library. I had selected to refresh the local music cache automatically but didn't know it was possible to do it manually.

As for the first problem, it's true the circle was yellow but the option to allow other programs to control XBMC was already enabled because I use it with other apps regularly. When I tried Music Pump again today the circle was green despite not changing anything and I seem to be to play files sequentially after enqueueing them.
Very good app. I paid for it.

Could you improve the PVR features to include recordings playing and the EPG?

Thanks! [/align]
Playing recordings will be available in the next release. I am currently testing it...

EPG api is still very limited and it is for instance not possible to schedule a recording over the current api and EPG data needs to be retrieved for every channel independently. retrieving data for all channels will probably be a bit slow because of this
Another idea:

It would be nice to be able to be able to customize a home screen with square taken from a list of possibilities.

For example on my home I would put the icones of the few channel I use the most. I would put the few key I use the most from the remote such as the favorite key the audio stream the play and pause key.

I would put a direct shortcut to the movies and tv series.

Basically to put what I use the most on a single screen.
(2014-03-20, 10:02)Brian B Wrote: Q4: Under the settings menu I see an option for "Use xbmc queue". As I only use my tablet as a controller and never for anything else should I enable this? What are the advantages/disadvantages for me either way?

Q5: Do I need to use the xbmc queue to get gapless playback? Or...what do I need to do to get gapless playback? (I'm using Frodo 12.3 on a PC)

B.

Where do I find this setting? I'd like gapless playback to work.

Thanks.
You can find the option in the settings (use xbmc queue). However it is only available on the unlocked version
  • 39(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7