• 40(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
Music Pump XBMC Remote 1.8.3 is available in the play store

Changes:
- Better support for browsing pictures
- Play / Stream PVR Recordings
- Bug Fixes and UI Improvements
The list of recordings show. However the thumbnail are all grey. Stream cause a force close.

Otherwise the play to the tv worka fine.

That is with gotham 13.1 on windows 8 and argustv backend.

Hope it help.
I used nPVR backend for my tests which is returning http urls for the different files. I suppose that when you use argustv backend it returns some other data/urls. Can you paste the following request in your browser and send me the output? You have to replace 127.0.0.1 with the IP of your xbmc installation and 8080 with the webserver port you have configured in xbmc

Code:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"PVR.GetRecordings","params":{"properties":["title","plot","plotoutline","genre","playcount","resume","channel","starttime","endtime","runtime","lifetime","icon","streamurl","file","directory"]},"id":1}
(2014-06-18, 23:05)Millencolin007 Wrote: I used nPVR backend for my tests which is returning http urls for the different files. I suppose that when you use argustv backend it returns some other data/urls. Can you paste the following request in your browser and send me the output? You have to replace 127.0.0.1 with the IP of your xbmc installation and 8080 with the webserver port you have configured in xbmc

Code:
http://127.0.0.1:8080/jsonrpc?request={"jsonrpc":"2.0","method":"PVR.GetRecordings","params":{"properties":["title","plot","plotoutline","genre","playcount","resume","channel","starttime","endtime","runtime","lifetime","icon","streamurl","file","directory"]},"id":1}

I have PM'ed you the results.

Also, as an improvement, you could group recording with the same label under a sub folder. I have a lot of recording and the current flat view is difficult to find multiple episode when they are far apart.

Thanks for your time.
Thank you for the results. I can see why it does not work with your pvr backend. It is not returning the stream url as http url like nPVR but is using a smb:// link. I may be able to fix this but a manual addition of a source in sources.xml may be required for retrieving the file over http. I have to try it out.

Thumbnails are not shown because they are not provided over json-rpc. I don't know what can be changed on xbmc / pvr backend so that the thumbnails are also provided over json-rpc.

You can browse the different folders independently by selecting the desired folder in the drop down menu on top of the list as long as the "directory" info is provided for a recording which seems to be the case from the file you have sent me
(2014-06-18, 22:47)x-cimo Wrote: The list of recordings show. However the thumbnail are all grey. Stream cause a force close.

Otherwise the play to the tv worka fine.

That is with gotham 13.1 on windows 8 and argustv backend.

Hope it help.

I have fixed the force close issue and added a workaround so that it is also possible to stream recordings from an argustv backend and probably other pvr backends which share their recordings over samba. An update will be available in a couple of hours from the play store

However XBMC Gotham contains some restrictions for downloading files and only allows downloading / streaming files which are inside one of the defined sources on xbmc. The easiest way to bypass it is to add a new video source with the path smb://

In XBMC go to
Video -> Files -> Add Videos... and create a new source with the path "smb://"
Having a problem. When I go to my TV show listing it is no longer showing unwatched shows. I checked to make sure that it is checked, but it seems to be showing everything. I also re-selected XBMC instead of Local, but no luck. When I click on a show (and it shows 1 new) it is empty, so what do I need to do?

Brian
Have you recently updated your xbmc version? I had to change something recently because counting of unwatched tv shows was broken because of an api change. However this only affected the count but when opening the tv show it still showed the right data.

I would double check if there is really an unwatched episode if you browse directly on xbmc.. or maybe you where not connected to xbmc and it showed cached data.

On my installations it seems to work like it should
I updated to 13.1, but had multiple issues so I'm back on 12.3.

Directly on XBMC is correct. It shows the green light. That means connected, right? It is showing all TV shows whether watched or not.

B.
One idea to improve the use of the app:
Is it possible to send WOL command automatically, when I choose the XBMC server.
This would be much easier, than to enter the energy option manually to wake up the server.
(2014-06-25, 00:18)Brian B Wrote: I updated to 13.1, but had multiple issues so I'm back on 12.3.

Directly on XBMC is correct. It shows the green light. That means connected, right? It is showing all TV shows whether watched or not.

B.

I could reproduce the problem on XBMC 12.0-12.3 (windows). It has to do with the api change mentioned in my previous post. Looks like it has been implemented for much longer than I thought... and was broken for a long time. I will fix this...

I have to verify if the same happens on linux as I have never encountered the problem.
(2014-06-25, 10:23)rollipopolli Wrote: One idea to improve the use of the app:
Is it possible to send WOL command automatically, when I choose the XBMC server.
This would be much easier, than to enter the energy option manually to wake up the server.

The app had this option but disabled it a while ago. It was very annoying in the case auto reconnect was configured because it automatically started that server even if you wanted to use a different one. Will see if I can add it back in a smarter way
(2014-06-25, 17:09)Millencolin007 Wrote:
(2014-06-25, 00:18)Brian B Wrote: I updated to 13.1, but had multiple issues so I'm back on 12.3.

B.

I could reproduce the problem on XBMC 12.0-12.3 (windows). It has to do with the api change mentioned in my previous post. Looks like it has been implemented for much longer than I thought... and was broken for a long time. I will fix this...

I have to verify if the same happens on linux as I have never encountered the problem.

Thanks for the awesome followup (as usual). FYI...This problem only started in the last 2 weeks. Before that it was fine with 12.3 and then when I switched to 13.1 it was not. However, when I rolled back to 12.3 it was working again (after clicking on XBMC on the tab at the top right when the remote was slid open). It seems it had defaulted to LOCAL. Then, in the last week or so this no longer fixed the problem. Hope this helps you to trouble-shoot.

B.
Any news?
I have fixed the problem which shows a wrong unwatched count in the tv show listing (xbmc frodo) but haven't released it yet. But I think that you are facing another issue which I was not able to reproduce on 13.1.

On which OS did you try 13.1? I suppose you used a stable build and not a dev build because these may be broken from time to time.
If you have auto-login enabled, try to disable it to see if it changes something.

Maybe also try to remove the xbmc instance from the main screen and add it again to eliminate potential problems with the local db cache.
  • 40(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7