• 42(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
Does this software work okay with OpenElec version of Gotham?

B.
I've used it with OE Gotham and had no issues.
Is it possible that Music Pump doesn't display what is playing on the Android lock screen? Now it shows the song, with pause, next and previous buttons. My problem with it is that after the song ends, still it displays this song on the lock screen, and I couldn't find a way to remove it.
@brian B: The remote should also work with openelec. If you find an issue let me know so I can check

@lalalala: Currently there is no option to disable the lockscreen control.

I found a couple of ways to remove the controls from the lockscreen:
- Go back into the app and click on the back button until it is closed
- Play some audio / video file with another application that provides lockscreen control.
- Start another song and long-press on the pause button in the remote (bottom bar). This will stop playback and remove the lockscreen control
- Also on my device I can unlock / lock the screen again and in 50% of the cases the lockscreen control doesn't show up anymore

I have to check if I there is some specific reason why I keep the player control on the lockscreen even if playback stopped... otherwise I can try to remove it if playback stops.
Thanks! Locking/unlocking doesn't work on my phone (or at least it's not 50/50% by far), but closing the app with the app button is a good workaround. To be honest I don't really care for the control on the lockscreen in the first place, so if it was up to me you could remove the control completely .. but that's just my opinion :-) Thanks for Music Pump, I like it a lot and it's by far the best of all the xbmc control apps I've tried.
I load actually around 104000 songs from my xbmc library and I realize that I miss some artists. How can that be?
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
Intel® DZ87KLT-75K with I5 4670 Haswell CPU
DD Cine S2 6.5 | DVD viewer | Silverstone SST-LC16B-M
This is probably because of one of the following reasons:
- It is possible to set more than one artist / genres to a song. This is not supported by this app, it only keeps one entry therefore a couple of artists may not be present in the local db cache.
- There is also a difference between album artist and artist... Without checking in code I think that the app is using album artists and for songs which have no album artist set it will fall back and use the artist to populate the list. Some artists may not get picked up if the album artist is set to something different.
- Or maybe the app has not imported all your music files but I think that it is because of one of the other two reasons
(2014-07-21, 20:18)Millencolin007 Wrote: I have pushed Music Pump 1.8.4 to the play store today

Changes:
- Improved layout for 7inch tablets

One issue I have on my seven inch tablet is when viewing the music library. In the right panel, the albums are displayed in a grid format with no apparent option to view as a list. With the grid layout, the titles of albums are truncated, so for example if there are two versions of the same album (I have many versions of the Who Quadrophenia, for example), you cannot identify them. So despite all that extra screen space on the tablet, the phone version works better.

Is there a setting I have overlooked or could this functionality be added?
There is an option in the settings called "Hide navigation menu" under UI settings. If you enable it your tablet will more or less use the same layout as you get on a phone. You probably have to fully close the app (hit the back button until the app is closed) and open it again to see the correct layout.
Thanks. I have just tried that, and it doesn't change anything. I even reboooted the device - I still only get a grid layout, no list.
I just reinstalled the version from the playstore to be sure I am not talking about something not present in the app ;-) For me it removes the "two pane" layout if I enable the option Hide navigation menu. Maybe you have to try again to change this option.

Besides that have you seen the icon in the action bar ( two squares and 4 lines) which you can use to toggle the layout between grid and list? This works in most screens even if the navigation menu is visible except if you are browsing genre -> artist | album
(2014-08-26, 16:14)Millencolin007 Wrote: This is probably because of one of the following reasons:
- It is possible to set more than one artist / genres to a song. This is not supported by this app, it only keeps one entry therefore a couple of artists may not be present in the local db cache.
- There is also a difference between album artist and artist... Without checking in code I think that the app is using album artists and for songs which have no album artist set it will fall back and use the artist to populate the list. Some artists may not get picked up if the album artist is set to something different.
- Or maybe the app has not imported all your music files but I think that it is because of one of the other two reasons

Thanks, i will play a bit with your hints and try to find the issue related to my files.

Last week I had another issue. I add 5 Albums to the download que but once I download all, every song was cutted at around 70% and 6 songs was missed completely. Then I do it again and it works fine. As I get no error it was kind of strange for me.
KODI 19 Matrix RC 1
Intel® DZ87KLT-75K with I5 4670 Haswell CPU
DD Cine S2 6.5 | DVD viewer | Silverstone SST-LC16B-M
(2014-09-02, 23:23)Millencolin007 Wrote: I just reinstalled the version from the playstore to be sure I am not talking about something not present in the app ;-) For me it removes the "two pane" layout if I enable the option Hide navigation menu. Maybe you have to try again to change this option.

Besides that have you seen the icon in the action bar ( two squares and 4 lines) which you can use to toggle the layout between grid and list? This works in most screens even if the navigation menu is visible except if you are browsing genre -> artist | album

Thanks for replying. Maybe I wasn't clear - I was talking about the layout once you have selected an artist.

I have just reinstalled the app on both my 7" hudl and 10" Samsung. Checking the "Hide Navigation Menu - disable the navigation menu on tablets" box only removes the column on the left (Songs, Artists, Albums etc) but once you have selected an artist, the albums are still displayed as a grid rather than a list. It looks pretty but it's not very functional! (As I say, not as functional as using on a mobile phone!)

Yes, I'm aware of the icon on the action bar. All that offers is "order by album/artist/year", but whatever I select, the albums are still shown in a grid format - there is no way to display them as a list Sad It would be great if you could. I would say that in this grid view, only about 30% of albums have their full title displayed.
Ok, now I understand where you want to show the albums as list ;-) I will quickly check to see if there is an easy way to add the layout toggle button here as well
That would be fantastic if you could do that!

I have another question. I am aware that the lyrics do not display on the remote device. However, on my devices I have installed various lyric finder apps. This means that when I change the settings to play the music locally (ie. on the device), then the other apps find and display the lyrics. It's very effective, and very neat.

Is there some way, using Music Pump, we could get it to operate both as a remote and play the music locally (at the moment, you have to select one or the other), so that the lyrics will display? This would be the icing on the cake!
  • 42(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7