• 43(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
(2014-09-04, 11:07)keiron99 Wrote: That would be fantastic if you could do that!

It was just a couple of lines of code to make it work ;-)

(2014-09-04, 11:07)keiron99 Wrote: I have another question. I am aware that the lyrics do not display on the remote device. However, on my devices I have installed various lyric finder apps. This means that when I change the settings to play the music locally (ie. on the device), then the other apps find and display the lyrics. It's very effective, and very neat.

Is there some way, using Music Pump, we could get it to operate both as a remote and play the music locally (at the moment, you have to select one or the other), so that the lyrics will display? This would be the icing on the cake!

I think that I did not fully understand your request. Do you want to play music on xbmc and at the same time see the lyrics on your phone using a lyric finder app?
I had a quick look and it is not difficult to add since I just have to broadcast a couple of events (intended for last.fm scrobbling). But this may have the side effect of sending the same song twice to last.fm if you have a scrobbling app on your phone and also enabled scrobbling songs to last.fm on xbmc. Therefore I am not sure if this is a good idea.
(2014-09-06, 00:00)Millencolin007 Wrote: It was just a couple of lines of code to make it work ;-)

Brilliant! When is that likely to be made available to us?

(2014-09-06, 00:00)Millencolin007 Wrote: I think that I did not fully understand your request. Do you want to play music on xbmc and at the same time see the lyrics on your phone using a lyric finder app?
I had a quick look and it is not difficult to add since I just have to broadcast a couple of events (intended for last.fm scrobbling). But this may have the side effect of sending the same song twice to last.fm if you have a scrobbling app on your phone and also enabled scrobbling songs to last.fm on xbmc. Therefore I am not sure if this is a good idea.

Yes, you are correct. I want to play music on XBMC (not listen to it through the phone), and be able to see the lyrics on the phone. I know there is no facility within Pump remote to enable this. It's just that I know when I play music on the phone using Pump, I can get the lyrics using a lyric finder app. I thought that as a work around, if you could allow us to select both 'local' and 'xbmc' at the same time, then I would be able to play the music through my hifi and also get the lyrics on the phone. (I would just turn down the volume on the phone). Perhaps you have a more elegant solution though!

I have to be honest, I have no idea what "last.fm scrobbling" is! Huh
Last.fm is a website which creates a profile of the music you played. There are many apps which allow submitting listened tracks to this website. Scrobbling basically means submitting the played songs to last.fm
http://www.last.fm/help/faq?category=99

Many android music players rely on an external scrobbling app to submit tracks to last.fm and broadcast some messages when playback starts / ends. I can simply send these messages from the app and the lyrics apps will intercept them and use the info to grab the lyrics. (When using local playback they are are sent and thus it currently works with local playback). Because xbmc has a buit-in feature to submit songs to last.fm the remote does currently not submit songs which are playing on xbmc.

A problem occurs when you have configured xbmc to submit songs to last.fm and have installed an app to submit tracks to last.fm. In that case songs will get submitted twice. I will probably add an option to enable sending these messages if playback on xbmc is selected but it will be disabled by default.
You will make me a very happy bunny indeed if you can implement these functions Smile
A new release of Music Pump XBMC Remote is available for Beta Testers.

This version has a complete new UI navigation and supports playing music using Chromecast with full playlist support. There is currently no transcoding support in xbmc therefore only supported media formats will work.

To try it out this Beta you have to join the Music Pump XBMC Remote Google+ community and then register as a tester using the following url
https://play.google.com/apps/testing/ch....remotebeta
After that you should see an update in the playstore.

Any feedback is highly appreciated

@keiron99: The lyrics support is also present in this release. You have to enable it in the settings "Workaround for lyrics fetcher apps"
Oh man!

Just installed it. It deals with both my requests perfectly! I cannot thank you enough. Absolutely wonderful.

Regarding the lyrics, I didn't have to check the box, they just popped up anyway with the MusicMatch app

I shall continue to test and report back but I'm probably a light user compared to many here, really only using Music.

Once again, brilliant work.

(It strikes me I've never paid for the app...I have just rectified that!)

Just one tiny thing I notice on my Samsung Galaxy phone. On the left sidebar, there's a setting for "XBMC QUEUE" and an ON/OFF slider. When in the OFF position, the button obscures the "UE" of "XBMC QUEUE".
Since the update to gotham I haven't been able to get streaming back to work...Neither can I play songs or videos from my android device on my raspberry via "play on xbmc" nor can I stream tv shows to my device (by using the app tonavigate to an episode and pressing "stream").

If I send a song to xbmc via "play on xbmc", sometimes nothing happens, sometimes I get a notification that an element couldnt be played and sometimes I can hear weird jittering noises for a few secounds.

If I want to stream a tv episode to my tablet, the streaming plugin gets stuck at "searching server". I can, however, still stream media from the raspberry by directly opening the files with a file browser like es explorer.

Did anybody else encounter these problems?
For me streaming still works with gotham

Is it possible that you changed something in your home network... maybe by changing your accesspoint?

Play on xbmc:
If "play on xbmc" does not work there is usually a problem that xbmc cannot connect to your phone. There are two things I would verify:
- Did you add a firewall on your phone which could block the streaming requests from your phone...
- Is your android device hidden behind a NAT. This can be the case if xbmc is on a wired network and your wifi accesspoint is configured using a different IP range

Streaming from xbmc to your device :
- Verify if the upnp server in xbmc is still activated after upgrading to Gotham.
- Another thing you can try is to disable password protection on xbmc since the app will try to stream the file directly from xbmc without using the streaming addon / upnp. This will eliminate any potential issues with discovering the upnp server.

If this doesn't work to sort out the problem I will need some xbmc logs to see what the error could be
Yes, there was a change: I switched my Raspberry B for one of the new B+ ones. Since they no longer have a sd slot I had to reinstall xbmc on a microsd card. I'll check everyhing You wrote, thanks for the help.

edit: All my devices are in the same IP range and have static IPs. Since the raspberry does these chirping noises for a secound, I would guess it can establish a connection to the phone but something gets messed up on the way.
All 4 options under UPnP are enabled.Samba password is disabled. The only otherpassword related options I could find were PW for http access and "disable ssh password". What password exactly did you mean?
There's some default config on Gotham on Rpi that permit to scrape default directories without them being in a source.

This cause lot's of troubles. Just add a source to /var/media (if it's mounted there) with no scraper associated, it will allow access.
I was talking about the xbmc webserver password (System -> Settings -> Services -> Webserver -> Password ) If that password is blank xbmc will stream the file directly from xbmc to your device without using the upnp server.

As mentioned by Tolriq accessing files outside any defined source is blocked by xbmc. This security measure has been added to xbmc in Gotham. I usually go to System -> File Manager and add the source there. To "unlock" all network shares you can add a source with the path "smb://"
OK, for some weird reason, after rebooting "play on xbmc" does now work again like it is supposed to. This is really weird, since I had shut down/rebooted my raspberry multiple times over the last weeks, but "play on xbmc" didn't start working again back then.
Let'shope it stays that way Smile

Unfortunately, streaming via UPnP still doesn't work. This is the xbmc.log of me opening a file via the remote app and then trying to stream the same file via the app/streaming plugin:

http://pastebin.com/Nw7TLyqH
Code:
20:42:26 T:2690978896   DEBUG: UPnP Translated id to '/var/media/KINGSTON/Eigene Serien/Orange Is The New Black/1x11.flv'
20:42:26 T:2690978896    INFO: Received UPnP Browse Metadata request for object '/var/media/KINGSTON/Eigene Serien/Orange Is The New Black/1x11.flv'
20:42:26 T:2690978896   DEBUG: CUtil::GetMatchingSource: no matching source found for [/var/media/KINGSTON/Eigene Serien/Orange Is The New Black/1x11.flv]

Can you verify if the following file is actually present at this location and otherwise add the following path as source under "System -> File Manager" or in Music / Movie sources

/var/media/KINGSTON/
KINGSTON is one of the USB sticks attached to the raspberry. It shows up in the file manager under root. The file exists and xbmc can play it locally.
Yes it shows up even if it is not in sources.xml which is used for access checks

Just click on "Add source" on the bottom of the file manager and type in that directory
  • 43(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7