• 6(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
(2012-07-30, 23:49)Livin Wrote: Feature Request...

Can you add a browse function, or set alternative folders, so we can use the external AD which android does not index?

I love your app but it is a pita to use for local music... all other apps i have tried have the above feature but i would like to just use yours.

Thx

Sorry but I am probably not going to implement browsing by folders for offline data since this means a lot of work and changes and I am not sure how many people would really prefer using music pump to listen to their offline music when there are many good mp3 players out there. Well I am glad you prefer Music Pump ;-)

BTW: On most of my devices music also gets indexed from the external storage and the removable external storage.

Did you disable auto refresh music in the settings by chance? This would mean that new songs would not get scanned into the offline library and you have to long press on "Offline Mode" from the main menu to refresh the songs manually.
There is an update in the android market

New features:
- Added auto login (has to be enabled in settings)
- Added support for sending youtube links to xbmc
- Added option to send single files (music, video or image) from a file explorer to xbmc
- Added wake on lan ( Set the mac address in server properties )
- Added option to force tablet layout on the device (Nexus 7 was not properly detected as Tablet)
- Added simple Image browsing

Fixes:
- Fixed some force close issues in the album view for Jelly Bean users
- Fixed app widget in Jelly Bean
- Fixed some problems with album grouping/sorting ( Still displaying the last artist from a cd with more than one artist)
- Tons of other small fixes
Thanks for the update.
Have you taken a look at the file-extention problem? (As described here)
I am no experienced programmer, but shouldn't it be fixable within a few lines of code? Just check if the file is a m4a and append the file extention accordingly.
(2012-08-03, 11:11)marvin1985 Wrote: Thanks for the update.
Have you taken a look at the file-extention problem? (As described here)
I am no experienced programmer, but shouldn't it be fixable within a few lines of code? Just check if the file is a m4a and append the file extention accordingly.

Yes I had a look at it. I had set the file extension statically to ".mp3" for downloaded files. I didn't fix it yet because I am not sure if and how I should handle already downloaded files with the wrong extension. (Rename, leave them on the sdcard...).

I would suggest to leave the already downloaded files as they are. So the end users can either rename the affected files themselves via usb-mode or just delete those files and redownload.
(2012-08-03, 14:10)marvin1985 Wrote: I would suggest to leave the already downloaded files as they are. So the end users can either rename the affected files themselves via usb-mode or just delete those files and redownload.

Manually renaming/deleting files is a pain especially if you synced playlists with many different artists since the songs will be in separate folders and you don't really know which files are mp3 and which are not without comparing with the files on xbmc. In that case it is probably faster to redownload all songs.

You're right. The easiest thing is to simply delete all downloaded files and redownload. Might take some time, but it keeps things simple. Perhaps some users won't be happy about it, but that's what betas are for Big Grin
Firstly I'd just like to say how much I love this app. I think it looks great and love the way you can set up playlists and move tracks around. To me this app is much more sophisticated than any other XBMC app.

However, I seem to be having a bit of a playback issue which is probably due to something I'm doing wrong so looking for suggestions...basically I'm finding that sometimes playlists work fine, sometimes it stops at the end of each track, sometimes it plays two tracks then stops, sometimes it repeats tracks and sometimes it plays a few seconds of a track and then skips to the next track. The behaviour is very random and I can't quite put my finger on what it could be that's causing this. I don't know whether it's because the app disconnects from the server and then reconnects. Has anyone had a similar experience or have a solution?

I'm using the app on Samsung Tab 8.9 (Honeycomb) and Galaxy S111 (ICS) and it happens on both.
(2012-08-05, 23:18)armyofme Wrote: Firstly I'd just like to say how much I love this app. I think it looks great and love the way you can set up playlists and move tracks around. To me this app is much more sophisticated than any other XBMC app.

However, I seem to be having a bit of a playback issue which is probably due to something I'm doing wrong so looking for suggestions...basically I'm finding that sometimes playlists work fine, sometimes it stops at the end of each track, sometimes it plays two tracks then stops, sometimes it repeats tracks and sometimes it plays a few seconds of a track and then skips to the next track. The behaviour is very random and I can't quite put my finger on what it could be that's causing this. I don't know whether it's because the app disconnects from the server and then reconnects. Has anyone had a similar experience or have a solution?

I'm using the app on Samsung Tab 8.9 (Honeycomb) and Galaxy S111 (ICS) and it happens on both.

I have seen a couple of problems with playback as well. Especially in nightly builds since some json-rpc playback notifications from xbmc are sent twice or not sent at all. If you are using the stable XBMC Eden this should work much more reliably. But I still see music stopping from time to time. Other problem I suspect is that android kills the app in the background once it needs some memory even though I set some flags to prevent the app from getting killed during playback.

I have pushed a new version to the android market

Changes:
- A couple of layout fixes (especially for 7 inch tablets)
- I have also added a (virtual wii) remote.
In most cases the keys are mapped the following way:
A=select
B=back
1=context menu
arrows=up/down/left/right
home=home
+/-=volume up/down or move file up/down

The exact mapping is configured in xbmc and it uses the joystick.WiiRemote.xml keymap for those who want to customize the buttons.
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...Remote.xml
(2012-08-08, 17:51)Millencolin007 Wrote: I have seen a couple of problems with playback as well. Especially in nightly builds since some json-rpc playback notifications from xbmc are sent twice or not sent at all. If you are using the stable XBMC Eden this should work much more reliably. But I still see music stopping from time to time. Other problem I suspect is that android kills the app in the background once it needs some memory even though I set some flags to prevent the app from getting killed during playback.
Thanks for your response and for looking into this for me. It really is an excellent app. Just love the album view too :-) Will you be doing a similar thing for Artist view in the future?
(2012-08-08, 19:56)armyofme Wrote:
(2012-08-08, 17:51)Millencolin007 Wrote: I have seen a couple of problems with playback as well. Especially in nightly builds since some json-rpc playback notifications from xbmc are sent twice or not sent at all. If you are using the stable XBMC Eden this should work much more reliably. But I still see music stopping from time to time. Other problem I suspect is that android kills the app in the background once it needs some memory even though I set some flags to prevent the app from getting killed during playback.
Thanks for your response and for looking into this for me. It really is an excellent app. Just love the album view too :-) Will you be doing a similar thing for Artist view in the future?

Currently it is not planned since I have some problems fetching the artist thumbnails on some xbmc versions. But you can enable the small artist thumbnails from the settings already but this may not work properly. I may add the grid view in a future release
Yet the grid method would be fantastic :-)

Unfortunately I'm having problems with the latest update...
1. The Music Pump link is no longer in the 'systray' (don't know what they call that in Android!)
2. Album covers are not showing in the Now Playing screen.
3. When I select an album to play it only plays the first track then stops.

I tried it first just by update. I then uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm using XBMC Eden. Could number 3 be related to some settings in the Xbmc music settings?
(2012-08-09, 11:12)armyofme Wrote: Yet the grid method would be fantastic :-)

Unfortunately I'm having problems with the latest update...
1. The Music Pump link is no longer in the 'systray' (don't know what they call that in Android!)
2. Album covers are not showing in the Now Playing screen.
3. When I select an album to play it only plays the first track then stops.

I tried it first just by update. I then uninstalled and reinstalled. I'm using XBMC Eden. Could number 3 be related to some settings in the Xbmc music settings?

Have you tried to restart xbmc and maybe your phone if restarting xbmc didn't help? It looks to me that the notification port on 9090 is not reachable or died on your system.

The three things you described happen when the app does not receive notifications from xbmc.
1) xbmc does not get notified from xbmc that a song is playing
2) same as 1) => does not display cover art
3) does not get the notification that the song is complete => does not play the next song
Spot on...for 1 and 2 :-) THANK YOU! It was the port access. Sadly I still have the same problem mentioned earlier.

Three tracks have just played and then stopped despite six more tracks to follow. When I unlocked the screen Music Pump was still open and linked to the server, strange.
  • 6(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7