• 8(current)
Android Music Pump Kodi Remote
(2012-08-19, 04:11)ajcast5201 Wrote: Great work! I've always wanted to be able to stream music to different zones in my home. This has solved my problem. I actually just finished writing about it on my blog. You can check it out here:

http://www.insanehtpc.com/2012/08/18/how...lay-style/

Keep up the great work!

Thanks for the review ;-)

In step 1) of your setup guide you can also enable "announce this services to other systems via Zeroconf" then music pump can autodetected the running xbmc instances and you don't have to manually configure it.

Streaming the same song to multiple xbmc instances is not something I am going to implement in the app. I think there are some addons like XSqueeze which let you to stream the same song to multiple xbmc installations.
Thanks for the info! I'll make those changes.
An update is waiting to be published in the play store

Some new things:
- Support for Raspberry Pi. You have to enable "Raspberry Pi Mode" in the settings
- File browser for music / video / files. If you add musicdb:// and videodb:// as file source (go into the file manager inside xbmc and add the two sources) you are able to browse Movie tags, Movie sets, Recently added... the way you are used to do it from xbmc itself
- Added some additional buttons to the remote.
- Addes support to browse through your music and video addons and play / queue items (does not work on all addons but addons like youtube, radio, vimeo, vevo, ... seem to work fine)
- Added support to play a playlist in party mode
- Browse your upnp/dlna sources visible from xbmc and start playback on xbmc
- Probably other changes not listed...
Hi there,

just wanted to thank you for this app. I have been using XBMC headless for music listening for some time and this makes it perfect. Also with a screen to be finally able to browse addons from the remote is a huge plus.

I'm facing some issues with the queue not working properly on Eden. On the Android side i'm using ICS on a Nook Color. Any ideas? XBMC would play one or two songs but then suddenly stop though other songs have been added to the queue.

MB

Edit: It appears to be an issue on nightlies. I have Eden with PVR but possibly this is already the reason?
The play queue for music is managed on the android device and not on xbmc itself. Since I don't want to poll xbmc for the playback status every second the app relies on the notifications (play, pause, stop,...) received from xbmc to detect that a song finished in order to play the next one. On some xbmc builds the notifications are broken which may be the case with the build you are using.
New Release 0.98.4 will be visible in a moment in play store

- Fixed an issue with Music Pump grabbing the audiofocus when wifi turns off and another audio player is in use
- Added more metadata in file mode where available
- Added favorites: You can add any file/folder/addon to the favorite section for faster access
- Added Episode Details with option to resume an Episode
- Fixed some crash reports from google play

If you find a bug or have a suggestion for improvement please post it in this thread and not as a comment on google play since it is not possible to reply to those comments.
If you find a miracle way to make user not asking for support in market comment please tell Smile Smile Smile
(2012-09-19, 23:05)Tolriq Wrote: If you find a miracle way to make user not asking for support in market comment please tell Smile Smile Smile

Just become an android top developer and you can respond to comments ;-) Hopefully they will add this feature for all devs in the future
Just wanted to say your recent updates have been making this app exponentially more appealing to me. I like the direction you have taken it in by focusing on more than just the music!
(2012-09-16, 20:05)Millencolin007 Wrote: The play queue for music is managed on the android device and not on xbmc itself. Since I don't want to poll xbmc for the playback status every second the app relies on the notifications (play, pause, stop,...) received from xbmc to detect that a song finished in order to play the next one. On some xbmc builds the notifications are broken which may be the case with the build you are using.

Does this mean if the memory management of the device kicks the app, the music stops. I ask because I'm using the Nook Color with ICS and that is not a setup with abundant memory.

MB
@Millencolin007

Are you going to open source this ?

Great App
(2012-09-22, 12:24)mighty_bombero Wrote:
(2012-09-16, 20:05)Millencolin007 Wrote: The play queue for music is managed on the android device and not on xbmc itself. Since I don't want to poll xbmc for the playback status every second the app relies on the notifications (play, pause, stop,...) received from xbmc to detect that a song finished in order to play the next one. On some xbmc builds the notifications are broken which may be the case with the build you are using.

Does this mean if the memory management of the device kicks the app, the music stops. I ask because I'm using the Nook Color with ICS and that is not a setup with abundant memory.

MB

Yes if memory management kills the app music will stop after the song is complete. This is not the case if you are using file mode since all tracks will be queued on xbmc directly.

Normally the app is written in a way that the android system does not kill it while music is playing. It is possible to set some flags to prevent the app from being killed even if it is in the background.
(2012-09-23, 04:11)anthony.selby Wrote: @Millencolin007

Are you going to open source this ?

Great App

No probably not. I wanted to make this a paid app after the beta phase but i am not so sure anymore because i am under the impression that android users will simply use another free app instead. Take a look at what happened to soulmote on android. Maybe i will just add a donate button or some additional themes like tolriq did with yatse. I haven't decided yet.
I started the project out of fun but it is really time consuming and I don't know how long my wife will let me continue to work on it ;-)
Soulmote is a very special case, the firsts releases where very bugged but with a direct paying app users usually don't forgive. And the second part is that it's way too much a iOs port, the wood things most Android users won't wan't it they bought an Android device not an iDevice Smile

About paying in android users are used to the freemium / free with add and pay for remove adds or more functions. Yatse won't make me rich but users do play the game and unlock to say thanks and it pays my coffees :p.
I have some experience about total free + donate with Yatse for Windows and while this works great when the app is missing functions when it reach maturity donation will slow down since users don't have the feeling to get something in return, while US guys may continue to donate, EU guys are way less in this spirit.

All that to say that while I hate adds so did not choose this path I'm pretty sure users will follow you and pay to remove them and say thanks to you since your app is stable and cool Smile
Thanks for sharing your experience Tolriq.
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Music Pump Kodi Remote7