OS X Strange sound when movie is paused
Anybody with the same issue regarding the sound problem with avi files after mkv playback?
The sound is gone on all my avi files with no digital soundtracks after playback of an digital file. After reboot of xbmc the audio is back on the avi files, but gone after playing digital files.....
Same problem as you premium, with also the issue when pausing an .mkv.
Almost 2000 views for this topic!! Have we got an ETA for a stable solution?
Thanks for your work on solving this Davilla, Memphiz & Ned!
no eta - most users tend to go back to eden rc2 - there where serious changes to the old audio engine short before eden release - we should have denied them but just missed it. So if you go with the new audio engine - patience (alot) is needed because the main ae dev is not around and nobody on the team wants to risk doing audio work without talking back to him.

And for the new audio enine my post about debug logs is still valid guys...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Thanks Memphiz,

I'll follow your advice, can you please give me a link pointing to Eden RC2 dmg on OSX, I can't find any on the website...

EDIT: Got it, if any body is interested:

Link to XBMC Eden RC2 Download OSX Blush
I tried the rc2, but the pause issue is still present. The lion update 10.7.4 f..... It up big time. I am thinking about goining back to snow leopard or lion 10.7.3. And never ever update the system again....

Regarding nightly..is the problem related to 10.7.4 or xbmc?
Premium -> PM
I confirm that the pause stuttering audio problem is still present on Eden RC2... Mkv to Avi sound problem seems to be solved.

No solution so far, except downgrading to 10.7.3....

Does anyone has tried the latest nightlies? Which is the best to use in order to get rid of this issues? Sad

Thanks
Some results for you.

Running ML 10.8 build 12a206j..
Imac 2Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo
XBMC: May30 nightly build

Random testing:

Mkvs and m2ts files: Playback: ok, Pause: No audio or video stuttering
Mypremium tv streams: Playback: video: ok, audio: slow motion, Pause: no stuttering
Youtube streams: Playback: video & audio: ok, Pause: no stuttering.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Have tried the May30 nightly build.
Worked like a charm but f**ked up my database!
Time Machine -> Back to Eden RC2
I can confirm that I have the same issue on my Mac Mini 2010, OS X 10.7.4 & Xbmc Eden 11.0. I have also noticed that my RealVNC server doesn't listen when my TV is switched off (the mini is of course online :-)). I can only assume that Apple f:ed something up. There were an issue in Snow Leopard with the audio over HDMI or something. I don't recall the actual problem but it was fixed in a later update from Apple.
I'm having the same issue, except for me, it just started tonight after I ran the latest updates in Lion. Very strange! I'm running Eden 11.0 release, OS X 10.7.4, Mac mini i5 (mid 2011). I'm going to check my other mini's tomorrow when folks are awake in my house.

This problem is NOT occurring on my Early 2011 13" MacBook Pro running OS X 10.7.4 (latest updates as well), also Eden 11.0 release.

Randy
Hi Repstein,

The issue seems to be caused by this 10.7.4 Lion update. Same for me on my 2010 Core2duo Mac Mini, haven't found a solution yet, but you should give a try to the latest nighlies.
That is a major problem in my opinion, as most Mac users here, use Mac Minis as HTPC running XBMC... Hope that our beloved developers will sort out the problem.

I feel that with snowleopard there was less of a problem anyway ...
It's clearly the 10.7.4 update. I'm not sure the XBMC devs can even fix it (although maybe they can figure out a workaround). If you search the web for 10.7.4 and audio issues, you'll see the same pause problem with Plex users, and a weird 'audio latency issue' with ProTools users, as well as many other complaints regarding digital audio and 10.7.4. I guess we're screwed until Apple releases an update. I'd guess they are very much aware of it.

Randy
Smile 
Back to 10.7.3 (thanks to the USB trick) and everything is fine again... no 'pause' problem anymore..

On the other hand, I had to use my Gefen Detective again with a Denon AVR-3312, because of the display was reverting again to 920px instead of 1080p...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange sound when movie is paused1