OS X Strange sound when movie is paused
Try the nightly builds (wiki). They now have a new audio component for XBMC.
(2012-05-19, 18:39)Ned Scott Wrote: Try the nightly builds (wiki). They now have a new audio component for XBMC.

This solved the audio stutter problem, but instead the video stutters.Sad
(2012-05-19, 18:39)Ned Scott Wrote: Try the nightly builds (wiki). They now have a new audio component for XBMC.

Yep, especially for live streams eg. sportsdevil etc. eden rc2 still is most stable for me.
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

(2012-05-21, 10:18)premium Wrote:

This solved the audio stutter problem, but instead the video stutters.Sad

Yepp video stutters like a mother******
Disabling hardware acceleration in video settings "solves" the problem.......if you can call that solution =(
I have this problem as well, but only on some files. I can provide a debug log a bit later, and will consider trying a nightly since the audio in my XBMC has overall been a bit iffy for a while. :-)
Just reporting that the latest nightly of the 24th this month fixed this issue for me. It also seems that it has better support for 10bit encoded video. I am hoping my other audio issues are solved as well (some times XBMC would tell me it could not initialize the audio device, and had to restart XBMC), time will tell. :-)
(2012-05-24, 15:16)Aonoa Wrote: Just reporting that the latest nightly of the 24th this month fixed this issue for me. It also seems that it has better support for 10bit encoded video. I am hoping my other audio issues are solved as well (some times XBMC would tell me it could not initialize the audio device, and had to restart XBMC), time will tell. :-)

It fixes the problem with audio/video stutter, but i lost all audio on non digital audio video files. No sound on avi files without digital audio tracks...
This problem appears to have happened after the latest OS update.
The new nighly fixes all the pause issues, but my problem is that all my avi files are fu.... after playback of an mkv file with digital audio. if i restart the xbmc i can play the avi file with no problem... but not after playing a mkv file...
any ideasHuh
Also, whenever I try the nightly "fixes" I get more problems than they fix. Yes they may fix the pause issue, but then XBMC locks up after some usage, the remote (I use a Harmony remote) stops working, or XBMC simply crashes.

It is supposed to be as simple as downloading the nightly "fix" version, expanding it, and replacing the XBMC file in Applications, right?

/Bo
(2012-06-07, 17:41)KillerBob Wrote: It is supposed to be as simple as downloading the nightly "fix" version, expanding it, and replacing the XBMC file in Applications, right?

/Bo

Thats correct. Just make sure your ~/library/application data/xbmc is backed up.

I have also noted additional issues with nightlies but by their character, they can be unstable. It is best to try a few different versions including the released version and see what provides the best results for you. Stick with that and occassionally (every few weeks) try a new nightly. It takes for bugs to get ironed out. eg. For me the most stable is still rc2
Macmini Server 2011 i7 Quad Core, OS 10.8.2, Amp Onkyo TX-SR308 USB WD drives 3x2TB TV Samsung Plasma 720p EyeTV Integration
There are only 10 kinds of people in this world, those who understand binary, and those who don't.

I noticed that when "7.1" or "7.0" is selected in "Audio Output", in System, then I have no sound. I change that to "5.1", and is OK. This is only an issue in these nightly builds, and not in the RC.

I use HDMI as the only connection, straight to a Denon 7.1 amp.

/Bo
Be sure to enable LPCM capable receiver when doing more then 5.1. We can't passthrough/bitstream more then 5.1 channels without decoding.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Hi Memphiz,

I have LPCM enabled, and still when I select 7.0 or 7.1 all sounds disappear. I don't know if it matters, but I am using HDMI only.

/Bo
provide a debug log please.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Strange sound when movie is paused1