Confluence Pre-12 feedback
While working to resolve some MySQL issues, I loaded the recent (13-May) pre-12 alpha.

What I saw was a changed Confluence skin.

And on that, I would like to provide some feedback:

1) I found that there is no longer a "Video goes directly to Files" radio button option in the new settings... intentional feature or bug / overlooked change ? ( If intentional, then -1)

2) Great new color scheme. +1. Also great way to handle time and weather as well. Very polished !

3) If you moved the XBMC logo from the main menus... then I have to ask: why keep the big bold gray area on the bottom.?

I suggest lose that, and move the menu choce bar proportionally down the page (but not to the bottom, if that makes sense). That would allow for more of that nice blue photo blur pic to be seen... or any other artwork, for that matter. The icons down there for control will still function... so no big loss to lose the boring gray bar.

4) I don't use sets... and I didn't select sets... I even made sure to deselect the sets button in the videos settings before scanning in my movies to create a new db for MySQL... but a set was made anyway (Disney Animation).

So, now there is a set, but the films still also appear in the library list.

Can I suggest that "sets" have a toggle option to allow it not to be shown on the main screen movie menu? If I never expect to use it, I would like teh option to not show it on the main menu.

That all for now...

Vincent

EDITED UPDATE: PS... For those who may stumble across this post because of SETS... Quick Update: I had a set called DISNEY ANIMATION created by XBMC / IMDB while I was doing a scan. As I said above, I do not prefer sets and had that feature turned off... but yet it appeared.

SO... here is the solution:

IF you export your movie information separately (saving your .NFO and other files to your source) THEN you can remove the movies contained in that set from the XBMC library (assuming that you do not have "delete from source" selected).

THEN go to where your movie and .nfo file is stored. Open the .nfo file for that movie, and look for <sets>. In my case, it was <sets>disney animation</sets> . (... or something like that, as I am doing this from memory)

Delete JUST THAT LINE. Now, save your file.

Scan your library, pulling those movies back in.

TAH-DA !!! No set.
1) Commit:c84dd977473bea0fca0ac8d574abf95c70f553b7

* Changed: [Confluence] removed "'Videos' button always goes to video 'Files'" option in skin settings and replaced it with default logic of
* If you previously have clicked a direct link home menu option (eg: Movies, MusicVideos, Add-ons) clicking "Videos" will always take you to the root directory
* If you previously navigate around from the Main "Videos" button clicking "Videos" on home again will take you to the last place you were

2) thanks

3) because all the things on it would look funny floating in the air http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8760/...ot048z.png plus it gives consistency to the other windows

4) no idea not skin related that you have them. But if xbmc has added them then the button will show in the main menu
(2012-05-14, 06:39)Jezz_X Wrote: 1) Commit:c84dd977473bea0fca0ac8d574abf95c70f553b7

* Changed: [Confluence] removed "'Videos' button always goes to video 'Files'" option in skin settings and replaced it with default logic of
* If you previously have clicked a direct link home menu option (eg: Movies, MusicVideos, Add-ons) clicking "Videos" will always take you to the root directory
* If you previously navigate around from the Main "Videos" button clicking "Videos" on home again will take you to the last place you were

OK... I see the logic... but the problem is that it is not PERSISTANT.

IF I go into "Videos", and select "Files", THEN exit back to the main menu and reselect "Videos" again, THEN it will bring me back to "Files".

HOWEVER...

IF I go into "Videos", and select "Files", THEN exit back to the main menu and select "TV Shows", and THEN return to "Videos"... I am back at the main videos menu, not the selected Files choice.

I use Movies to watch Movies... I use TV Shows to watch TV Shows... and I use Videos to manage my sources.

Without the persistant choice option, you may as well just add Files as a submenu choice for Movies and TV Shows, as it becomes a multi-click option to get to Files anyway.

The way the code functions is great IF I want to be really minimalist and just access everything via the Videos option. However I don't think that is the way most people choose to use it.

... knowwhatImean?

So... for me, I would like the choice to have that be persistant returned to the code.

(2012-05-14, 06:39)Jezz_X Wrote: 3) because all the things on it would look funny floating in the air http://img818.imageshack.us/img818/8760/...ot048z.png plus it gives consistency to the other windows

Ah... OK, I see what you are doing there. Add-ons / favorites... right? Is that new?

While I think those icons would look butt-ugly huge on a 65" screen... I can see how they would add value to others that may be watching on a computer sized screen.

Thanks for the timely reply!

Vincent
Yeah got to vote also for having the setting back - it's more logical that way, this way brings inconsistent behaviour and it's just not as simple...a kind of classic usability flaw that come from trying to be too clever... (no offence intended, it's just super confusing at the user end to click on the same thing twice and get a different result).

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Confluence Pre-12 feedback0