Linux No sound - XBMC 12 Alpha2 200120511
Looks like in that thread they have pushed out some changes. I'm compiling now having been unable to get to ALSA 1.0.25, it won't compile on my kernel. I have backed up my system and may be forced to upgrade to 11.04 or downgrade the kernel. Unity is something I wish to avoid and I'm NO pro at swapping kernels around.

I'm compiling the code changes posted on both my machines with fingers crossed. Looks like new NVIDIA drivers and libdcss were released last night too which I've installed too.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
My Zotac now has nav sounds and can play music but no audio from a TV show, my Asrock now shows an error for hardware. Progress I guess! This is with the latest code just compiled about 20 mins ago.
Openelec Gotham, MCE remote(s), Intel i3 NUC, DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoded with Handbrake to x.264. Yamaha receiver(s)
Using the Alpha after a Merge like the AE is not a good idea for a everyday Use System... i switched back to 11.0 stable!
(2012-05-13, 09:13)john.cord Wrote: Using the Alpha after a Merge like the AE is not a good idea for a everyday Use System... i switched back to 11.0 stable!

True but someone has to help test! Sadly I've got one system so hosed I'm having to reload as I stupidly only had ancient backups. Another system isn't right yet either but I'm hoping that the audioengine changes I saw come down tonight will fix that. None of my systems get used daily really and both are mine with no WAF issues. that said, i won't be updating any of my friend's boxes until things are more stable for sure.
I downgraded my nvidia drivers to 190 and everything started to work. Seems the newest driver does not generate eld data correctly and it's needed for HDMI Audio.
With newer code built I was able to get sound fine although I have massive amounts of SQL errors not related to it. I was still getting the ELDL errors and was running older ALSA, on 10.10 I could not upgrade ALSA. I have now updated both of my systems to 11.04 and ALSA 1.0.25 - still getting the ELDL parse errors though lol.

Sound seems to be working fine including passthru to HDMI. Seeing high CPU usage during some video but the devs are aware of this. I am also on the latest NVIDIA drivers - 295.53 and have no issues. Upgrading brought along ancient drivers that refused to give me a desktop, I used SSH to add the audio dev's PPA and updated to current without issue and now have a desktop, sans Unity too which is awesome!

Anyway, seems much of the issue was the code merge and fixes brought in have solved much of the sound problems. CPU usage and SMB hanging are issues for me but sound finally works and I'm on a LTS Ubuntu version at last Rofl

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No sound - XBMC 12 Alpha2 2001205110