With newer code built I was able to get sound fine although I have massive amounts of SQL errors not related to it. I was still getting the ELDL errors and was running older ALSA, on 10.10 I could not upgrade ALSA. I have now updated both of my systems to 11.04 and ALSA 1.0.25 - still getting the ELDL parse errors though lol.
Sound seems to be working fine including passthru to HDMI. Seeing high CPU usage during some video but the devs are aware of this. I am also on the latest NVIDIA drivers - 295.53 and have no issues. Upgrading brought along ancient drivers that refused to give me a desktop, I used SSH to add the audio dev's PPA and updated to current without issue and now have a desktop, sans Unity too which is awesome!
Anyway, seems much of the issue was the code merge and fixes brought in have solved much of the sound problems. CPU usage and SMB hanging are issues for me but sound finally works and I'm on a LTS Ubuntu version at last
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: USA Virginia
2012-05-21 13:45 Post: #21
Ubuntu 10.10, MCE USB receiver, ASROCK 330 (ION), DVDs fed from unRAID cataloged by DVD Profiler. HD-DVD encoding Added DiNovo Mini KBRD w/track