Build XBMC under 10.7.4 / Xcode 4.3
(2012-05-14, 05:21)davilla Wrote: remember, things are still in flux as we hunt down local differences.

Davilla, I really appreciate your effort! I've been strugling to get a working build environment on Lion. However without luck. Supporting xcode 4 i beleive would make it a bit easier.
Would you care to update the instructions in readme.ios with the latest status.

I think this is THE place for sharing it. Then it would also be in sync with the changes in the repo.
Cheers!
I have one more change that fixes build of ffmpeg for ios on xcode4. Still running tests before it gets committed. Testing changes with i386/x86-64/arm7 on xcode3 and i386/x86-64/arm7 on xcode4 takes time Smile

README.osx and README.osx will get updated when I feel we can let this out to the masses, until then, it's bleeding edge stuff.

#xbmc-dev on irc.freenode.net is the place for help if you are having problems.
I fully understand! It's just that I'm impatient by natureBig Grin.
I'd love to test the build on my system, OSX 10.7.3 (running in a virtual box VM).
Could you share the baseline of the toolchain needed (as you see it now)? I.e. paste a draft version of the instructions here in the thread and me and others can test it.
What is needed except Xcode 4 in terms of tools?
You do the same what you've done before. So basically what the readme states, except you open the xcode project with xcode4 after building the deps and xcode_depends.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Getting further, but new error:

Code:
loweymbp:xbmc lowey$ make xcode_depends
CPP     xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/emu_dummy.o
CPP     xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/emu_kernel32.o
In file included from /Users/lowey/Source/xbmc/xbmc/linux/PlatformInclude.h:25,
                 from /Users/lowey/Source/xbmc/xbmc/system.h:223,
                 from emu_kernel32.h:26,
                 from emu_kernel32.cpp:22:
/Users/lowey/Source/xbmc/xbmc/linux/PlatformDefs.h:48:29: error: libkern/OSTypes.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /Users/lowey/Source/xbmc/xbmc/linux/PlatformInclude.h:25,
                 from /Users/lowey/Source/xbmc/xbmc/system.h:223,
                 from emu_kernel32.h:26,
                 from emu_kernel32.cpp:22:
/Users/lowey/Source/xbmc/xbmc/linux/PlatformDefs.h:212: error: ‘UInt32’ does not name a type
/Users/lowey/Source/xbmc/xbmc/linux/PlatformDefs.h:225: error: ‘SInt32’ does not name a type
In file included from emu_kernel32.cpp:26:
/Users/lowey/Source/xbmc/xbmc/storage/IoSupport.h:57: error: ‘HRESULT’ does not name a type
/Users/lowey/Source/xbmc/xbmc/storage/IoSupport.h:58: error: ‘HRESULT’ does not name a type
/Users/lowey/Source/xbmc/xbmc/storage/IoSupport.h:59: error: ‘HRESULT’ does not name a type
make[1]: *** [emu_kernel32.o] Error 1
make: *** [xbmc/cores/DllLoader/exports/exports.a] Error 2

If I have helped you in any way, please forgive me, it was entirely accidental.
fix just pushed in.
All sweet, just failing on the ATV build now. Which I assume Billy is struggling with too?

there's a reason I call it 'mixmaster' Smile
be very aware that mainline builds for atv2 should not be used on any atv2 that is running iOS5, you will panic the kernel. Details are elsewhere and ETA on fix is unknown.
Yeah that's cool, still running 4.4.4.

thats absically 5.0 ... don't do it bro' ... its save up to 4.3
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Davilla, I tried to build your commit "[osx/ios] fixed ios ffmpeg configure, patch out ffmpeg configure insi…" on 10.7.3 and xcode 4.3.
I succeded to build all the libraries, but failed on building xbmc app in Xcode.
I get a "config.h file not found in system.h". Do you have any clue on what is wrong. I guess config.h should have been created by ./configure, right?
Where should "config.h" be located? Could it be a include path problem in xcode project?

If I suceed to build this branch of yours it will run on atv2/ios5, right?
(2012-05-16, 09:28)Memphiz Wrote: thats absically 5.0 ... don't do it bro' ... its save up to 4.3

I know, but unfortunately I can't go back on any of my devices. I've got a friends that's on 4.4.4 that I'm trying to JB now without upgrading it further. But it hates me, it really does.
(2012-05-16, 11:04)henke66 Wrote: Davilla, I tried to build your commit "[osx/ios] fixed ios ffmpeg configure, patch out ffmpeg configure insi…" on 10.7.3 and xcode 4.3.
I succeded to build all the libraries, but failed on building xbmc app in Xcode.
I get a "config.h file not found in system.h". Do you have any clue on what is wrong. I guess config.h should have been created by ./configure, right?
Where should "config.h" be located? Could it be a include path problem in xcode project?

If I suceed to build this branch of yours it will run on atv2/ios5, right?

ATV2 builds are broken right now, otherwise you'd be grabbing from the nightlies page. And mainline doesn't include fixes for ios5 on ATV2 yet I believe. It'll come.

Quote:ATV2 builds are broken right now, otherwise you'd be grabbing from the nightlies page. And mainline doesn't include fixes for ios5 on ATV2 yet I believe. It'll come.

I'm currently running the build from this thread on my atv2/ios5: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=127369
It runs perfectly but lacks some functions I'm interested in like pvr and spotify. So my long-term goal is to build such a combo.

Step one would be to just build the same as in above thread. I have had some problems to set-up the toolchain for xcode 3. So I thought I try using xcode 4 since davilla, as I understand i,t had fixed the major issues.

So I'm watching davillas branch "mixmaster" for his progress, but maybe I'm on the wrong track for ios5 support.
I'm thankful for any advice in this matter.
I think you're on the right track. When the nightly builds are up and running again for the ATV2, basically it'll mean you're good to go on pulling in the PVR support etc, and building for yourself.

I just started this thread to throw up build errors for the devs really. I know it takes so long to distclean and build from zero that I figured it might be a way I could save the devs some time. If I could code, I'd do that, but I can't, so this is it.

Davilla has about 7432 branches going on GIT, so not really sure where you'd get the iOS5 patches from....

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Build XBMC under 10.7.4 / Xcode 4.30