Win WHS 2011 - Autostart - HP N40L - Harmony - different noob questions
Hello from a newbie from Germany!

I'm running a HP N40L HomeServer with WHS 2011.

Now I try to use it as a HTPC mit XBMC.

System is running, but not satisfied yet.

Got some problems/questions:

- Can I use XBMC without the autologon of the Adminstrator? Now, the admin logs in automatically and a task with 1 min delay starts XBMC in fullscreen; shall start without any user login in fullscreen

- When the system comes back from standby via LightsOut, XBMC is only minimized; shall be on fullscreen every time

- I use a 1100 MCE remote (this), when I use the "Info"-Button in my music, I don't get the menu instead it goes back to homescreen

- the Info-Button in 'Movies' is not calling the menu on the selected file, it opens the menu of the file where the hidden mouse pointer is

- Want to use the Power Toggle of the remote to turn on/off the Server; any idea how to do? Looking for a S3 via USB in BIOS but there is no option...

Sorry for my quite not perfect english! Angel
I'm not sure what you mean about starting without the autologin of the Administrator. You need to login to windows to start XBMC. Or you have to run it as the shell instead of explorer. Probably not a good idea since you are using it as a Windows server.

In settings\system\video output, there is an option called " Use a fullsceen window rather than true fullscreen". If this setting is off, then any other service or app that runs and takes focus will cause XBMC to get minimized. If this setting is on, this does not happen, but you may experience tearing during video playback unless you have a really good GPU.

As for your remote, you may need to edit the remote.xml or keyboard.xml file to get the actions you want. See this in the wiki. There are also a few threads here discussing the MCE remote and how to set it up. Also you can read up on it here.

To wake from S3 you need proper driver and BIOS support. From what I recall about the HP N40L, it only supports S4 and only in Windows. There are some modded BIOS out there that do a few tweaks, but I don't believe one has surfaced yet that allows S3. If it did, then you would need to make sure your remote receiver also supported waking from S3. Not all of them do.

BTW, say hi to my parents for me. I just took them to the airport the other day to travel to Rothenburg ob der Tauber to visit Oma and Opa. Wink
Mmmh there was the possibility to start programs as services under WHS 1 , dunno if that will still work
under WHS2011 since i'n upgrading hardware on my H340 atm. Probably should head over to Wegotserved forums and ask this question there or google for infos on Any Service Installer and WHS 2011.
Rothenburg are a few Kilometers, but I have a try! Smile

Tried the video option; not good. But I solved the fullscreen problem by adjusting the startup services. Works fine!

But the problem with the remote is not based in the xml I think...

Using the mouse, I get the menu with the right-click, right?

When I use the info-button, it is a right click as well. But at the wrong position. The hidden mouse arrow defines the place, not the position in the menu... Argh, not easy to describe but I hope you know what I mean... Wink

AnyServiceInstaller, nice idea; will look it up.
Turn off the mouse interaction in the settings. If you are using a remote, you don't need the mouse to complicate things causing focus to be where it is not supposed to be.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WHS 2011 - Autostart - HP N40L - Harmony - different noob questions0