choppy playback and no sound
Shocked 
Guys I have copied a mkv file to a usb ext HDD and attached to my HTPC which I boot using a liveCD image on a usb key.

The file is Immortals.2011.BluRay.1080p.x264-LTT however I seem to be having issues?

Can anyone help as I am new to xbmc

Thank you
Hardware? Also, it's a bit ridiculous to expect perfect playback from a live CD.
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
As Plaguester has already mentioned, what's the hardware spec of your machine ?

It's not so rediculous to expect perfect playback from a live installation on a USB key as that's how I tested 2 of my systems before doing a "proper" install and they performed and played 1080p content flawlessly. 1 system is Atom ION based, the other is AMD Fusion based.

I suspect the hardware is not up to scratch or perhaps not fully compatible, have you tried files of lower bitrate ? Maybe some 720p and some SD content ? Also what version of XBMC?

It's hard to offer suggestions if you don't explain your scenario.
Sorry for the late reply guys...

So my hardware is Acer Aspire Revo R3700 Nettop, Intel Atom Dual Core D525B 1.8GHz, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, NOOPT, ION 2, HDMI and I am booting from a livecd with the h264.mkv file sitting on an attached usb disk however it is very choppy and not watch-able!!

I have enabled hardware acceleration with no positive effect when playing my 1080p mkv file.

I am new and need direction please Sad
xbmc v11 btw
Installing on the HDD so not LiveCD worked - thanks

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
choppy playback and no sound0