Multiple Audio Output
Hi,
i have just one question. would it be possible to get in options/audio different outputs for mp3 2chan and DTS/AC3? i use dts connect for sound (theatron agrippa) because series in mp3 2channel sounds are boring. but i cant enable ac3/dts throuput for this. and so i have to recode in dts connect, i think i loose a bit of suround after that. so i would prefer one setting for mp3 and an other for dts/ac3. so i could select spdif optical output. if it couldnt be real i just like xbmc anymore.
my specs: windows 7 x64
xbmc 10.1 + cirrus ev2
theatron agrippa opt spdif (dts connect)
denon receiver 5.1 opt in

sry for my english, im from germany

so long, realy great xbmc. i love it
Hi, an old request but i'm joining it, although dual audio ouput patch kind of solve this request.

I use a DAC Atoll 100 trough SPDIF connector + Atoll IN100SE PAmp for Music, and DENON 2809 AV receveir connected by HDMI, so If the XBMC main branch could include this dual audio feature +brand new AE, it would be perfect !
no, the mentioned Dual-Audio output patch is something completely different (simultaniously output the same sound on two devices).
And it has been said several times before - DualAudio for now won't become part of XBMC nor work with AE.
As da-anda says, simultaneous output to two sources will not happen - get a splitter/repeater.

You can configure one device for passthrough (encoded) formats like AC3/DTS and another for non-passthrough formats list mp3/FLAC, and they will play to the selected device, just one or the other depending on format. Note that this is using nightlies and AE.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
Hi,

i'm sorry if my request have been already and often answered.

DDDamian -> i'm not sure i clearly understand the possibilities of XBMC : i've just upgraded Dharma to Eden. Is this possible to make XBMC switch from a audio output device (graphic card with HDMI for DTS/AC3 and their HD evolution for movies) to another audio output device (sound card with spdif for music) depending of what content type i'm playing ?

Is this an Eden feature or AE feature or Nightlies fetaure ? As i don't know anything in dev, i never read this part of the forum.

(i'm really sorry for my english understanding and writing, i'm french...)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Multiple Audio Output0