[Mini-ITX] Intel Core I3-2120T, 2x 2.60GHz + HD2000 35W (crazy low power)
Maybe this build need a videocard?
(2012-05-14, 14:33)Zenith Wrote: Maybe this build need a videocard?

....ummm, NOT!
MMM...I did some research after Eskro's answerr and according to this http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1303066 the best that the Intel SB gpu can do is 23.973 (not 23.976 ) so there is 1 dropped frame at least every 5 minutes. Many people may evn not notice at all...others could be more "sensitive" to this issue a maybe they would like to install a videocard.
(2012-05-14, 15:16)Zenith Wrote: MMM...I did some research after Eskro's answerr and according to this http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=1303066 the best that the Intel SB gpu can do is 23.973 (not 23.976 ) so there is 1 dropped frame at least every 5 minutes. Many people may evn not notice at all...others could be more "sensitive" to this issue a maybe they would like to install a videocard.
Let me ask you this- do you own an Intel? With proper configurations, no problem with my i3 and i5........here are the configurations I use-

1. Install the latest Intel driver- Check your system for the latest updates
2. Install- Intel Management Engine Interface Driver]Intel Magagement Engine Interface Driver
3. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
4. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output
5. Turn off UAC "Disable User Account Control (UAC) in Windows 7".

I playbacked several blu-ray movies on my AMD, Nvidia and Intel GPU's on the same 56" HDTV, and I cannot see the different.....

Oh, the link you posted is nearly 1.5 years old......and a lot of things can changes in 1.5 years.....
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-05-14, 15:55)bluray Wrote: Let me ask you this- do you own an Intel? With proper configurations, no problem with my i3 and i5........here are the configurations I use-

I dont' have an intel that's why I was asking Nod
Do you get "With proper configurations" a perfect 29.976 ?
(2012-05-14, 16:43)Zenith Wrote:
(2012-05-14, 15:55)bluray Wrote: Let me ask you this- do you own an Intel? With proper configurations, no problem with my i3 and i5........here are the configurations I use-

I dont' have an intel that's why I was asking Nod
Do you get "With proper configurations" a perfect 29.976 ?
Nothing is perfect.....check out this 6 months old thread- Let's set this straight - No one can do 24p consistently well .....

(2012-05-14, 15:55)bluray Wrote: 3. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback

Bluray this means that there is no hw decoding right? This is why you are using an i3 instead of a cheaper celeron or a pentium?
(2012-05-14, 17:25)Zenith Wrote:
(2012-05-14, 15:55)bluray Wrote: 3. Disable DXVA2 and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback

Bluray this means that there is no hw decoding right? This is why you are using an i3 instead of a cheaper celeron or a pentium?
Certain movie files doesn't play nice with hardware acceleration for all GPU's......I tried Bug's Life on AMD/Nvidia/Intel GPU's, and all GPU's having pixelation problem when playback this movie. Youu can try Bug's Life file from this page on your HTPC, and you'll find out- brief green pixelation during resume. I want the i3 because it have better core and iGPU than Celeron. Since I like to do multi-task, the better core will come in handy........
Thanks Bluray!Wink
(2012-05-14, 03:12)-EaS- Wrote:
(2012-05-13, 22:06)waver123 Wrote: ....feels significant faster....

What is "feels significant faster? My 245e@800MHz 'feels' brutally fast. You must mean navigating in the GUI environment, correct? I can tell you that a 245e@800MHz with the Aeon MQ 3 skin (hundreds of movies and series) 'feels' extremely AND satisfying fast. The thing between fast and extremely fast is (in the case of xmbc) nothing more than illusion ('father to the thought'). Smile

No I don't mean general gui navigating, but things that took time like pulling hundreds of thumbnails from a nas for a directory (when it was non-cached), or reading mediainfos/generating thumbnails for pictures (not videos). Significant would be something my eyeball can tell when the rate is vastly different (prob at least 2x) without needing to use a stopwatch.
+1 this is a very nice build

im very interested in an Intel based thin mini-itx build and have been eyeing the Intel DQ77KB. While is does IB I think i want to pull the trigger now and go with SB cpu. My hesitation is that I will be playing back 3D-BluRay content and would like to make sure this 2120T could handle all that without choking.

machine will also need to handle my sabnzbd/sickbeard/etc setup so I thought the additional CPU power on IB would be better but im not sure..

BTW in real world testing the "T" model CPUs use the exact same amount of wattage as the "non-T" CPUs at idle, playback and typical HTPC use.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Mini-ITX] Intel Core I3-2120T, 2x 2.60GHz + HD2000 35W (crazy low power)2