No HDDS detected
Just put XBMCbuntu on a flash drive, loaded it from there and it didn't detect any of my hdds..
SO I decided to install it directly, got it on dual boot with windows 8. I've done a search and can't seem to find anything similar. possible that w8 isn't letting Ubuntu see the hdds?? I have run Ubuntu before on a netbook and the network capabilities were great regards sharing hdds etc. just can't seem to get my head round this just yet. I tried logging out to go into ubunto but there were only xbmc xbmcbuntu and openbox as options, is this right?
any help would be greatly appreciated, i'm looking to get for the record running and dump windows entirely tbh so pretty please with sugar on top....
BTW I am running version 11.10 (eden?)
Open a terminal and post the output of:
Code:
# This will list all of the disks connected to the system
$ sudo fdisk -l
HTPC 1 - Zotac ZBOX ID80U | 4GB RAM | 64GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
HTPC 2 - Zotac ZBOX ID41U | 4GB RAM | 60GB SSD | Openelec | Confluence
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
Same here I have several hard drives in my machine. They do not get mounted with a default installation. The easiest way to get them to mount is to do so during installation by choosing other when asked to select which drive to install to. Then using the partition manager you can set the mount point for each hard drive in your machine and then select which drive to install XBMC.
(2012-05-13, 01:46)G12345567 Wrote: Same here I have several hard drives in my machine. They do not get mounted with a default installation. The easiest way to get them to mount is to do so during installation by choosing other when asked to select which drive to install to. Then using the partition manager you can set the mount point for each hard drive in your machine and then select which drive to install XBMC.

Don't worry about that if you've already installed. Mounting drives is not difficult.
Server - unRAID Server | 3 x 2TB WD Green HDD, 1TB WD Black HDD (Cache) | Sabnzbd | CouchPotato | Sickbeard
cheers for the help guys i'll give it a bash now !
got that working, the only problem is my metadata doesn't seem to work properly with xbmc. some films are ok some aren't it doesn't appear to be using me xml files. can you make it use these? I have some tv shows that are all randomly renamed into nonsense.i got all the metadata from the tvdb or tmdb which xbmc seems to be using, can't understand how things are so wrong??
for instance I have the nightmare on elm street box set and two of these have come out with freddy vs jason… which isn't what they are!!
If the files are named properly (or the folder if there's one movie for each folder), it may be simpler to remove (or rename) the .nfo files and let the XBMC scraper handle downloading the information from thetvdb or themoviedb.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No HDDS detected0