Latest Version of librtmp.0.dylib?
Hi Guys, Please advise what's the latest version librtmp.0.dylib for XBMC on atv2? I have downloaded mine from http://supercloudtv.com/librtmp.html 3rd one on the list (3/12). Is that the latest one for atv2? THX

the one that we deliver in our packages...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Can you please be more specific? I've asked a specific question! THX
this ( https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...p/Makefile ) one
(2012-12-21, 06:02)davilla Wrote: this (https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/blob/master...p/Makefile) one

Thanks Davilla! I get "page not found", I played with the link and manged to get to the Makefile...do I copy this text into a notepad and name/save it: as librtmp.0.dylib? Is this for Eden? Thanks!

==========
include ../Makefile.include
include ../config.site.mk

# lib name, version
LIBNAME=rtmpdump
VERSION=e0056c51cc1710c9a44d2a2c4e2f344fa9cabcf4
SOURCE=$(LIBNAME)-$(VERSION)
ARCHIVE=$(SOURCE).tar.gz

# configuration settings

LIBDYLIB=$(SOURCE)/.libs/$(LIBNAME).dylib

all: $(LIBDYLIB) .installed

$(TARBALLS_LOCATION)/$(ARCHIVE):
$(RETRIEVE_TOOL) $(RETRIEVE_TOOL_FLAGS) $(BASE_URL)/$(ARCHIVE)
#git clone git://git.ffmpeg.org/rtmpdump $(SOURCE)
#cd $(SOURCE); git archive --format=tar --prefix=$(SOURCE)/ $(VERSION) | gzip -9 > $(TARBALLS_LOCATION)/$(ARCHIVE)

$(SOURCE): $(TARBALLS_LOCATION)/$(ARCHIVE)
rm -rf $(SOURCE)
$(ARCHIVE_TOOL) $(ARCHIVE_TOOL_FLAGS) $(TARBALLS_LOCATION)/$(ARCHIVE)
echo $(SOURCE) > .gitignore
cd $(SOURCE); patch -p1 < ../librtmp-60-second-fix.patch
sed -i -e 's|CC=|#CC=|' $(SOURCE)/Makefile
sed -i -e 's|LD=|#LD=|' $(SOURCE)/Makefile
sed -i -e 's|CC=|#CC=|' $(SOURCE)/librtmp/Makefile
sed -i -e 's|LD=|#LD=|' $(SOURCE)/librtmp/Makefile
sed -i -e 's|AR=|#AR=|' $(SOURCE)/librtmp/Makefile
sed -i -e 's|headerpad_max_install_names|headerpad_max_install_names -install_name \$$(libdir)/\$$@|' $(SOURCE)/librtmp/Makefile

$(LIBDYLIB): $(SOURCE)
make SYS=darwin prefix=$(PREFIX) XCFLAGS="$(CFLAGS)" XLDFLAGS="$(LDFLAGS)" -j $(MAKE_JOBS) -C $(SOURCE)/librtmp

.installed:
make SYS=darwin prefix=$(PREFIX) -C $(SOURCE)/librtmp install
touch $@

clean:
make SYS=darwin -C $(SOURCE) clean
rm -f .installed

distclean::
rm -rf $(SOURCE) .installed
=============
ahhh, no. This is the script that builds in in tools/darwin/depends. You asked which one was used, git commit "e0056c51cc1710c9a44d2a2c4e2f344fa9cabcf4" of rtmpdump.
(2012-12-21, 07:35)davilla Wrote: ahhh, no. This is the script that builds in in tools/darwin/depends. You asked which one was used, git commit e0056c51cc1710c9a44d2a2c4e2f344fa9cabcf4 of rtmpdump.

I'm sorry, I can't follow what you're saying...can you just post a link to the latest rtmplib for XBMC EDEN on ATV2. I'd be grateful, if you did. THX
P.S. The link above does not work!

Use the latest Release Candidate for XBMC v12 (see iOS install instructions on the wiki) and you'll be using the latest rtmplib.
Ned, from what I've been reading it's still buggy...you guys are dev_guys and I was hoping one of you would zip that sucker up and post it....I don't want a 2 min job to turn into a 3hr update, which at the end of the day, would create more problems for me than solve a simple rtmplib update! In fact, no one even answered my question... what's the latest version? maybe I already have it installed!!!! C'mon guys this is support 101!!!! Anyway, thank you all for dancing around the real question instead of offering some real help! What ever happened to "going the extra mile" for a fellow member!
XBMC v12 probably has less bugs at this point than v11, since a ton of known bugs in v11 are now fixed in v12.

I'm not a developer, and for me to find out what version is what, I would have to search the internet for answers, which you could do yourself. I'm not going to do that work for you when you're not even willing to to try out a Release Candidate in order to have the latest code. It's also not support 101, because we consider manually replacing librtmp to be unsupported and untested. You want us to go the extra mile for you so that you can use some stupid add-on to get free TV, during a very busy Christmas season, that also happens to be a very busy time because we're about to release XBMC v12. Really?
You may have a point there with your first comment, but I prefer to wait for a final release, instead of an RC...Moreover, I don't expect to be spoon-fed by you or anybody else and I've already done my homework (you obviously did not read my post or bothered to open the links I've referenced). As for "support 101", what I meant is I don't care how good of a coder you or others are, a good MOD, in any support and ideas-sharing forum, should know the abc's of helping someone. i.e. Be courteous; Be specific (not vague); And if you're able to, provide links, tuts, etc...(not two liners). And finally, w/o what you've called "stupid add-on"s, this forum would not have as many members as it does today and XBMC would be just another STUPID software out there Smile Nothing personal, but you guys have a lot to learn about SUPPORT & HELPING OTHERS...THANK YOU!
Quote:Nothing personal, but you guys have a lot to learn about SUPPORT & HELPING OTHERS...THANK YOU!

Wow thats one of the most arrogant statements i have read latly. Well i don't tell you what you need to learn about (though in this thread it is obvious that you didn't even get what davilla tried to tell you).

Davilla pointed you to the version (which is the "versionumber") of the latest librtmp we are using in Frodo (once again its is git revision "e0056c5" from https://github.com/svnpenn/rtmpdump/commits/master) - which we thought you were asking about.

What you wanted is a binary / compiled librtmp (not the version of it). We don't provide that because you can already just extract it from our frodo deb files (spoonfeeding: download http://mirrors.xbmc.org/apt/pre-release/...os-arm.deb and extract the deb - depends on the operating system you are using - google will reveal some tools for extracting debian archives. Then just look for librtmp.dylib).

For a finish - i say the librtmp used in Frodo might even be not compatible with Eden.

Now give me my cookie oh master of support.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2012-12-21, 09:43)pmolson Wrote: You may have a point there with your first comment, but I prefer to wait for a final release, instead of an RC...Moreover, I don't expect to be spoon-fed by you or anybody else and I've already done my homework (you obviously did not read my post or bothered to open the links I've referenced). As for "support 101", what I meant is I don't care how good of a coder you or others are, a good MOD, in any support and ideas-sharing forum, should know the abc's of helping someone. i.e. Be courteous; Be specific (not vague); And if you're able to, provide links, tuts, etc...(not two liners). And finally, w/o what you've called "stupid add-on"s, this forum would not have as many members as it does today and XBMC would be just another STUPID software out there Smile Nothing personal, but you guys have a lot to learn about SUPPORT & HELPING OTHERS...THANK YOU!

Sorry, but this is so beyond belief I just had to jump in.

These guys have been more than specific enough for anyone except you. You asked a simple question. You got a simple answer that was more than sufficient--from not one, not two, but THREE different people, all of whom are heavily involved in either coding or volunteering to support XBMC, at a busy time of year in "real life" for everyone, and thus almost certainly have much better things they could be doing with their time. You then chose to (as far as I can see) be intentionally difficult and rude in your followup comments.

What more do you want? You asked what the latest version of the .dylib file was. They told you. More than once, and in different ways. "They" being the people who have developed XBMC for your personal enjoyment--for free. These guys are the people who answer questions from unappreciative people like you every day on these forums, and then come back the next day and answer more questions from more unappreciative people like you. On a purely volunteer and unpaid basis, mind you. And you have the nerve to say they have a lot to learn about support and helping others??

Here's a concept, since we're talking about being courteous, etc. How about readjusting your attitude more to one of "hey guys, I can't even begin to thank you enough for doing all this work in your spare time so that I can sit back and enjoy XBMC from the comfort of my home, without paying a cent", rather than an attitude of "you guys aren't reading my mind and giving me the precise specific answer the way I like my answers given to me, so you clearly suck at customer support"? Your second post in this thread was a snide remark toward Memphiz, right after he answered your question. And you're going to lecture THEM about courtesy?

Here's another idea. If you truly don't like their support and helping methods, and disagree with everything I said above...may I suggest that you apply immediately for a refund and get your money back due to your poor customer experience?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
No Comments! You have good writing skills, BUT you don't know how to read!

"Hi Guys, Please advise what's the latest version librtmp.0.dylib for XBMC on atv2? I have downloaded mine from http://supercloudtv.com/librtmp.html 3rd one on the list (3/12). Is that the latest one for atv2? THX "

A simple enough answer would've been something like "we're on ver 1.0.2.3.x (released on Dec 12th, 2012) and here is where you can find it: http://www.download-rtmplib.com", for example!

Mods, please close this thread...I give up!

Happy Holidays & Merry Christmas!
The very first answer was that we are using the latest version. There is no version number to give you because the librtmp people have not assigned a new version number to that code. We can't tell you if it is newer or older than the supercloudtv site because they don't mention anything that would give the age/time of the code. We don't know of any website that has just the lib file ready to download.

You asked about something very technical and got a very technical answer back, and now you're mad because you don't understand the topic. Never ask about this again on these forums. If I catch you asking about this in the future, wasting our time again, I will ban you.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Latest Version of librtmp.0.dylib?3