Reformat
So, I need to reformat my HTPC and I am really dreading setting everything back up. I did a bit of searching and I see where folks are advising that the userdata folder can be backed up. So, I am definitely going to back it up. My question is, once I reinstall XBMC, do I just replace the the new userdata folder with my backed up version? DO I need to install my skin first? Add ons?
(2012-05-13, 03:15)jasmill1969 Wrote: So, I need to reformat my HTPC and I am really dreading setting everything back up. I did a bit of searching and I see where folks are advising that the userdata folder can be backed up. So, I am definitely going to back it up. My question is, once I reinstall XBMC, do I just replace the the new userdata folder with my backed up version? DO I need to install my skin first? Add ons?

As long as you install the same XBMC version and your drive mappings/letters remain the same everything should work, including skins and addons, by copying the entire xbmc folder over the newly installed version. I've done it a number of times both on the same machine and copying the setup over to different ones.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Reformat0