Library Stats
**UPDATE**

*I changed the code slightly to add shadows to fit in better with the skin. I'm leaving both options here because it's down to personal preference

First I'd like to say I love this skin, one of the few that are appealing to my tastes and stable/fast on ATV2 that I've tried.

Since I also like seeing my library stats on the home page like some other skins do, I did most likely a crappy job hacking it in there.

What I shoved in the Home.xml:

Code:
<control type="label">
            <posy>685</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <align>center</align>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <font>dvsans22</font>
            <label>[COLOR white]Movies:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Movies.Count)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]TV Shows:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(TVShows.Count)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]Episodes:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Episodes.Count)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]Albums:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Music.AlbumsCount)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]Songs:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Music.SongsCount)][/COLOR]</label>
        </control>

There is probably a better way of doing this but as this is my first attempt at altering any xbmc skin in any way I'm happy with it.

The result:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I changed the code a bit to add a shadows like other parts of the skin so i used this code:

Code:
                <!-- Library Stats -->
        <control type="label">
            <posy>675</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <align>center</align>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <font>dvsans22</font>
            <textcolor>black</textcolor>
            <label>[B]Movies: $INFO[Window.Property(Movies.Count)] • TV Shows: $INFO[Window.Property(TVShows.Count)] • Episodes: $INFO[Window.Property(Episodes.Count)] • Albums: $INFO[Window.Property(Music.AlbumsCount)] • Songs: $INFO[Window.Property(Music.SongsCount)][/B]</label>
        </control>
        <control type="label">
            <posy>671</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <align>center</align>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <font>dvsans22</font>
            <label>[B][COLOR white]Movies:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Movies.Count)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]TV Shows:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(TVShows.Count)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]Episodes:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Episodes.Count)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]Albums:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Music.AlbumsCount)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]Songs:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Music.SongsCount)][/COLOR][/B]</label>
        </control>
        <!-- Library Stats (End) -->

Which results in this:

Very slight difference but it made a big difference to me.

Job well done on this skin.
Huh! To be honest, I like that better than the RSS ticker. Never thought about it. It got my vote for a "enable option ticker" in the Welo setup.
It would be great as an option as i'm sure it could be implemented much better, and less hackish.

Looking closer at how the skin (and skins in general) work my little hack was way off the mark. However with more trial and error on how things work, I'm looking into a better/cleaner way with the focus menus.

So only movie stats when looking at movies, and same with TV and music in home menus.

But that is just tinkering, and I probably shouldn't have posted any of this here as this in not the tinkerers/wannabe skinners forum.
(2012-05-16, 09:52)three80 Wrote: But that is just tinkering, and I probably shouldn't have posted any of this here as this in not the tinkerers/wannabe skinners forum.

Hey three80,

Feel free to mod away! No problem! Wink

I like the idea of library stats. Not something i thought of during the initial build, however can add it to the to-do list if you like?

Cheers
(2012-05-16, 10:09)liquidskin76 Wrote:
(2012-05-16, 09:52)three80 Wrote: But that is just tinkering, and I probably shouldn't have posted any of this here as this in not the tinkerers/wannabe skinners forum.

Hey three80,

Feel free to mod away! No problem! Wink

I like the idea of library stats. Not something i thought of during the initial build, however can add it to the to-do list if you like?

Cheers

That would be great.

My tinkering comment was more about me posting the code I used. Since after looking closer to figure out how you did the shadow on titles in recently added moves/tv shows I realized there was a better way to add the library stats.

You try and learn one thing and you come up with another. Smile

Also realized that the way i did the shadow for my home build was pure shit, too static if i want to try for focused menus.

I gotta thank you for not thinking of the library stats, else i wouldn't have delved into this.

Now I may never get out.

Any chance of unpacked texture.db? I'd like to play around with the watched overlay, the check mark is too small. My preference on the watched mark is the banner across the top right corner.
(2012-05-16, 12:24)three80 Wrote: the check mark is too small. My preference on the watched mark is the banner across the top right corner.

Funny you should mention the banner style for watched icon, etc. I'm gonna implement that... a bit like Aeon Nox 3.0. Really like the look.

Cheers Wink
Awesome, does that mean no unpacked texure db tho?
(2012-05-16, 14:01)three80 Wrote: Awesome, does that mean no unpacked texure db tho?

It won't be a problem! I have a feeling i'll be adding a few textures, so i'll hold off for a little while, then release.

Cheers
Any plans for next-aired(tvguide) skinning? only other thing i can think of that is not a bug, yet not skinned that i regularly use
And on three80's note, some Trakt Utilities skinning would be golden! Smile
New to forum , so to do this i just edit home xml file by adding the code above , looks cool
Yes I put it just after the RSS info in the home.xml but I have changed the code to add the shadow like the other parts of the skin.

Code:
        <!-- Library Stats -->
        <control type="label">
            <posy>675</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <align>center</align>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <font>dvsans22</font>
            <textcolor>black</textcolor>
            <label>[B]Movies: $INFO[Window.Property(Movies.Count)] • TV Shows: $INFO[Window.Property(TVShows.Count)] • Episodes: $INFO[Window.Property(Episodes.Count)] • Albums: $INFO[Window.Property(Music.AlbumsCount)] • Songs: $INFO[Window.Property(Music.SongsCount)][/B]</label>
        </control>
        <control type="label">
            <posy>671</posy>
            <width>1280</width>
            <align>center</align>
            <aligny>center</aligny>
            <font>dvsans22</font>
            <label>[B][COLOR white]Movies:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Movies.Count)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]TV Shows:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(TVShows.Count)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]Episodes:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Episodes.Count)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]Albums:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Music.AlbumsCount)][COLOR lightgrey] • [COLOR white]Songs:[COLOR lightblue] $INFO[Window.Property(Music.SongsCount)][/COLOR][/B]</label>
        </control>
        <!-- Library Stats (End) -->

Not sure if that is the best way, but it works for me.
thanx buddy helped wonders

looks so muck better than the rss feed
Your welcome.

I was looking more into how the skinning is done, and hopefing to soon have it show just movie totals like total/watched/unwatched and tv shows/episodes/unwatched and music artists/albums/songs only showing when that category is in focus.

But got busy then got lazy.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Library Stats0