MINI MAC or ZOTAC Running XBMC with IPAD remote?
I'm looking to set up a HTPC and am divided between a MINI MAC or a loaded mini PC. I 'm thinking Zotac ZBOX, SFF, NEXT-GEN ION 2GDDR3, any other PC ecomendations are welcome. I'm not looking to build my own, just run XBMC through windows.

If I run XBMC on a mini pc such as a zotac, can I use the Ipad XBMC remote app to control it?
I set up a zotac with xbmc ubuntu for my brother, internal 300gb disk and he has an external USB as well.

He's using XBMC Constellation on his ipad as a remote and its fantastic
QNAP TS670 NAS - 4x4TB Raided with NFS Support & Central MySQL DB
Pi 3 [Xbian] - Samsung 46" ES7000 Smart TV & HT-E5550 3D BD Sound System
Pi 3 [Xbian]  + Hyperion Ambilight- Samsung 48" Curved UE48JS9000 4k
PowerEthernet T1502 Powerline adapters
I use a Zotac MAG HD-ND01, Running XBMCbuntu
With both XBMC Commander and Constellation (I like to compare and contrast each features)
Thanks for the info guys, unfortunately i have zero experiance with ubuntu, is it difficult to install onto a blank machine? I really not into entering hundreds of lines of code. Good news that the Ipad commander can control XBMC on a PC though!
Actually, XBMCbuntu is awesome for the linux noob (trust me, I am a linux noob)
I run a Zotac ZBOX Nano AD10, 4GB, 60GB SSD with XBMCbuntu and it works flawlessly. I used to run Win7 on it before but had to try the linux version. Even though I'm pretty used to Linux (been running Slackware for 10+ years) I haven't had to touch the OS settings. Everything worked out of the box, the only configuration that was needed was BIOS configuration to enable WOL.
As a remote I got my own developed WP7 remote which works the same way as any other mobile remote (JSON API).
I run on win7 on a zotac ion, using iPad, iphone and Android as remotes. Rund great.
Once again thanks for the info guys, all good stuff. It is easy enough setting XBMC up as a torrent download manager and file/folder manager? I don't want to have to run another computer to download and then transfer onto my NAS drive, XBMC can do this right?

I currently am running XBMC on old PC, running windows, also running utorrent, it's all there on one machine, but want to do away with windows if XBMC can do all this?

Cheers.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MINI MAC or ZOTAC Running XBMC with IPAD remote?0